Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

intel 9560 Suddenly loses connection

OskarK
Beginner

Hello,

Yesterday suddenly something happend while I was just watching youtube videos.

I get following event id's while my laptop is charging and im trying to use internet -

(Event id's are in time order, first to last) :

DNS Client Events - 1014 (THIS ONE SOMETIMES HAPPENS BEFORE THE ONES BELOW)

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Netwtw08 - 5007 (12:54:35 PM)

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

Netwtw08 - 5005 (12:54:35 PM)

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Netwtw08 - 5005 (12:54:35 PM)

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Netwtw08 - 5002 (12:54:35 PM)

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

NDIS - 10400 (12:54:35PM)

The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

I tried reinstalling drivers, ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew, sfc /scannow. Reset my hosts list, tried changing DNS, clean boot etc.

Like I said, I discovered this only occurs while my laptop is charging, no problems when it's on battery power.

Here are the laptops specs if needed, i can also provide anything else that would be useful just tell me what is needed.

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/19/2020, 13:05:35

Machine name: LAPTOP-2K99SUFS

Machine Id: {EF1C8B04-5283-46F7-8B22-11302152A89D}

Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: ROG Strix G531GW_G531GW

BIOS: G531GW.307 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32618MB RAM

Page File: 6186MB used, 31295MB available

0 Kudos
8 Replies
letvinov28
Novice

I have same problem and try get answer almost 3 days! NO LUCK. Asus zenbook ux533fd

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@letvinov28,

Everyone's issue is unique. This conversation is to discuss @OskarK's issue and only @OskarK's issue. Please open a separate conversation, using the Post a Question button on the main Intel Community page, to discuss your issue. 

...S

0 Kudos
letvinov28
Novice

Unfortunately, the issue is NOT unique. The issue that the person above is describing is identical to the issue that I’m experiencing with my laptop. (https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-AC9560-unstable/m-p/1238935#M32692)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

@letvinov28 I can see that you are already being assisted on your original thread. Please refer to it for further help. 

@OskarK, so we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

4. Do you remember making any changes before the issue started? I.e. Windows, driver update, setting change, etc.  

5. When these errors appear, do you also have connectivity issues or the wireless connection works as expected? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
OskarK
Beginner

1. ( see attached file, Hyper-V adapters are used for my VM's needed for study )

2. I haven't noticed nothing about bluetooth I tried testing it with my phone and bluetooth speaker but it played fine no interruptions. So the problem is only about WiFi connection.

3. The adapter came with the laptop, it is the original one.

4. I might have done a windows update around 12-13 December, then I updated all my Intel drivers and I believe the WiFi driver was also included.

5. Yes, connection cuts everytime the errors appear.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello OskarK,  

Thank you for your response. Due to the fact that this problem seems to be related to this specific laptop and only while plugged in, chances are that the behavior is related to your specific system configuration and not the drivers. Please try the following:  

1. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the PC powers off). 

2. Try a clean installation of the drivers provided by your system manufacturer (OEM): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html  

Step 1: Download and save the drivers on your computer: https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-hero-iii-g531-series/helpdesk_download/  

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver. 
    1. Go to Device Manager
    2. Expand the Network Adapters category. 
    3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
    5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out. 

2. Restart your computer. 

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. To Run as administrator right-click over the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator.  

Note: You can also try these steps with the latest Intel driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99446/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560  

3. Change the power settings: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005879/network-and-io/wireless.html  

Go to Power Options Additional power settings Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless Adapter Settings then Power Saving Mode> Set On battery and Plugged in to Maximum Performance

If the above steps do not work, then you should report this problem to Asus* as it can be a hardware related issue.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello OskarK,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello OskarK,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos