Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

intel AC 8260 bluetooth not working

KTang7
Novice

I ordered a intel 8260 for my m-itx custom built desktop from amazon. This is an upgrade from the Azureware wireless N m2 card that came with the motherboard purchase (terrible card...). Anyway, yhe installation went without a hitch and I downloaded the latest drivers from intel (18.21.0.2). Wireless works great but I cant get the bluetooth to work...

In device manager it is giving a code 43 saying windows stopped this device because it reported problems. Sometimes, on computer startup the computer will make bluetooth disconnect sounds every few seconds and I will see a red bluetooth icon flashing on the icon bar. The solution is to disable "Generic bluetooth adapter" in device manager.

anything I can try to see if it is a software or hardware problem? This is with windows 7 professional x64 on a evga z97 stinger wifi motherboard

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Chaugh,

Before we go any further, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by a different one. This kind of procedure is meant to be done by the computer OEM, regarding laptops and for motherboards that come with the wireless card already integraded, the manufacturer of such motherboard must be consulted as they may have modified and customized the pre installed card to meet the requirements of their product. Check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for...

On our best effert to assist you. Please do the following:

1. Download and save the: File Name: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* Wireless_18.21.0_s64.exe

2. Download and save the: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25330/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-SfP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit (SfP) version 18.1.1533.1836

3. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

4. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

5. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

6. Also in Device Manager, under Bluetooth Radios, Uninstall the Bluetooth, also selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

7. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

8.Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components

9.Install the Intel® Bluetooth driver.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Chaugh,

Before we go any further, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by a different one. This kind of procedure is meant to be done by the computer OEM, regarding laptops and for motherboards that come with the wireless card already integraded, the manufacturer of such motherboard must be consulted as they may have modified and customized the pre installed card to meet the requirements of their product. Check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for...

On our best effert to assist you. Please do the following:

1. Download and save the: File Name: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* Wireless_18.21.0_s64.exe

2. Download and save the: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25330/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-SfP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit (SfP) version 18.1.1533.1836

3. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

4. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

5. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

6. Also in Device Manager, under Bluetooth Radios, Uninstall the Bluetooth, also selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

7. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

8.Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components

9.Install the Intel® Bluetooth driver.

KTang7
Novice

wow thank you! That solved it!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Chaugh,

We are very glad that it worked for you. Thanks for letting us know it.

0 Kudos
rgord1
Novice

It also worked for me on a NUC6i5SYH which was showing a code 43 in bluetooth radios in device manager with the latest Intel drivers for the NUC6i5SYH. Nothing I could do, including uninstalling Microsoft's KB3161608/3172605 and installing the Intel BT patch, would result in removing the yellow exclamation mark against bluetooth in device manager, although the patch did result in changing the bluetooth entry from a generic adapter to an Intel entry but with the error code 10.

Are there any more recent wireless and bluetooth drivers that work for the NUC6i5SYH running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

raymondjpg,

Unfortunately, there is no driver updates in sight for this adapter as of this post. At the moment, we have no information if there will be any updates for Windows*7 expect for the ones that already exist in our donwload center as you can confirm here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26173/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=86068 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* - Version: 19.1.0

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
rgord1
Novice

The latest version of the wireless driver listed on the page Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89190/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i5SYH Drivers & Software is 19.0.1 dated 6/30/2016. This works for wireless with the NUC6i5SYH, but the latest driver for bluetooth listed on that page version 19.00.1621 does not install properly. From your post of 29 December 2015 it appears that a combination of working PROSET wireless and bluetooth drivers is needed for bluetooth to install properly. Is there a bluetooth driver that works properly with the PROSET driver you list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26173/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=86068 at Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* ?

0 Kudos
SSev
Beginner

Hi,

My bluetooth is also not working on my 8260. WiFi is working fine, but I get the "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). Checking its properties, it shows error code 43. I'm using a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I (rev. 4.2). win10 pro 64-bit.

I was going to try your solution but I am unable to completely uninstall the wifi drivers. I have uninstalled the pro/wireless drivers from the programs list. I have uninstalled from the device manager, however, there is no option (checkbox) to delete the driver itself. When I restart the PC or scan for hardware changes, the wifi gets reinstalled.

0 Kudos
JRohl
Beginner

This worked but I never got windows to stop installing the device drivers, gave up after 16 restarts. (windows 10)

0 Kudos