Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

intel wireless ac8260 connection issue

Patrick_Dung
Beginner

Hello,

I am using a Lenovo T460 laptop.

I had updated my Lenovo BIOS/drivers and Windows 10 drivers to the latest version.

I had disabled 802.11n in both the wireless router.

I also have this setting: Device Manager, under network adapters, look for the Wireless Adapter and open the properties. Go to the "Power Management" tab and toggle Off the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

The wireless LAN driver version is 19.20.3.4.

The laptop sometimes disconnect WiFi (happened about once or twice every time I use it)

The most recent error from Windows event viewer:

The description for Event ID 5010 from source Netwtw04 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP1

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Patrick_Dung
Beginner

The problem just happened again.

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 4 time(s) since it was last initialized.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello patrickdung,

We understand that you're experiencing some wireless connetivity issues, where your driver will periodically reset the wireless adapter resulting in a connection gap.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have some more information:

- Please download and run our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility System Support Utility while connected to your wireless network. This tool will allow you to save your system information into an .XML file.

- If possible, generate a wireless network report after experiencing this issue. You may follow the steps provided in the following article: https://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=19479 https://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=19479

You may attach this files to your response by switching to the "advanced editor" option found at the top right of your reply box. This will enable the option for you to attach files.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Dung
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for reply.

Attached it the output from the Intel SSU utility.

I will try to run 'netsh wlan show wlanreport' when the Wifi is disconnected.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello patrickdung,

Thank you for that report.

As far as your settings go, we don't see any immediate red flags. We can see that most of your settings match our usual recommendations, and also that you're using the latest drivers provided by your OEM, which is what we recommend best.

Perhaps we'll get more clues once you're able to run the WLAN Report. For now, please try the following:

- Open Control Panel > Power Options > To the right of your current power plan click on Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode > Please make sure that both "on battery" and "plugged in" are set to Maximum Performance > Press OK, and then close the Power Options Window.

If your issues continue and the WLAN Report doesn't reveal any possible causes, we may recommend switching to our latest generic driver. But we'd rather wait to have more information before jumping the horse on that one.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Dung
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Please note the timezone is GMT+8.

I had hibernated the notebook on 05:26.

I had power up the notebook on 14:01.

I had experience wifi disconnection on 14:08:09. At that time, AC power supply is plugged in.

Then I run the wlan report on 14:08:22.

Attached is the WLAN Report and the related Windows event log.

I had also updated the power settings to Maximum Performance for both 'on battery' and 'plugged in'.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello patrickdung,

Since this issue is closely related to a core service, it might be a good idea to run a full system scan using your antivirus software or a second opinion tool such as https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx HitmanPro* (free trial is fully functional) to discard any possible malware/virus related issues as the cause.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

From our end, we can recommend performing a clean "driver only" installation. This will help us exclude any possible issues between your OS and our Intel® PROSet Wireless Software.

1. Download and save our latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26601/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins Wireless_19.40.0_Driver64_Win10.zip
  2. Extract this compressed archive to a known location.
  3. Open Programs and Features from the Control Panel. Locate and uninstall any entries fro the Intel® PROSet Wireless Software. Choose to discard settings when prompted.
  4. Open your Device Manager, extend the Network Adapters section. Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and select to Uninstall. Select to "Delete the drier software for this device" and press OK.
  5. Press the Windows* Key + R, type "Cleanmgr.exe" and Press OK. Choose to delete your "Temporary Files" and leave everything else unchecked. Press OK.
  6. Reboot your computer.
  7. Open your Device Manager, extend the Network Adapters section. Locate your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and choose to "Update Driver Software." Select to "Browse my computer for driver software," choose the folder where you extracted the IT Admin PROSet earlier as the driver location and include subfolders. Press Next and then OK.

After this, you'll need to reapply our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html recommended wireless connectivity settings.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Dung
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I had real time antivirus protection and I had performed a full system scan.

After that, I had completed the driver only installation. (with a newer driver version 19.40).

I would provide update if I encounter disconnection issue.

Thanks Carlos for the help.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello patrickdung,

You're welcome, we're always glad to help. Please let us know if the issue continues.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello patrickdung,

We haven't seen any replies for this thread. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Dung
Beginner

Hello Jonathan,

I am using the clean driver setting.

It seems the situation is better than before.

I need more time for testing.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Patrickdung,

Take all the time you need.

If you run into any issues, just let us know and we'll continue working with you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
APark10
Beginner

I am getting the same issues with a Lenovo x260 and x250 laptop. The laptop connects to the wireless network, an ip address is assigned but has the limited connectivity indicator. I can ping the ip address of the wifi adaptor but cannot ping the gateway or any other devices.

The ping briefly works from about 3 pings before it drops off the network after connection.

This only occurs in windows 10, the laptop worked fine with a win 7 build.

I have tried latest Lenovo drivers and the latest intel driver 19.40.0.3

The problem on occurs on a our corporate network [WPA2][Auth(802.1X)] - it appears to work fine on our guest network which has uses WPA2.

Errors

Eventid 7017 - source Netwtw04

Eventid 8000 - source Netwtw04

Eventid 7001 - source Netwtw04

Eventid 7010 - source Netwtw04

The description for Event ID 8000 from source Netwtw04 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP15

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Eventid 4003 source wlan-autoconfig

WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter.

Code: 2 0xDEADDEED 0xEEEC

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello belton72,

Thank you for sharing your SSU and WLAN Reports. Before we dive any deeper, have you already tried the driver only clean installation method described above?

The latest IT Admin driver package for you to use will be version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26657 19.50.1.

Please let us know if this makes any difference.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
APark10
Beginner

I have tried the driver only package for the earlier versions but will try this on the 19.50.1 version now

0 Kudos
APark10
Beginner

Hi Carlos A.

Thank you for the latest version - it appears as if this driver version has resolved his connectivity issues that I was experiencing on the x260

I assume the driver is the same for the x250 model??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello belton72,

Glad to hear! Our latest driver package should apply for your second computer as well, so long as it also uses an Intel® wireless adapter.

If not, then you will need to download the latest version provided by your computer manufacturer:

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos