Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

replace wi fi card

fabrymagg
Novice
I have an Intel 3165 wireless card and I would like to replace it with a higher performing card, can you help me?
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

fabrymagg, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

When did you purchase this computer?

Is there any particular reason why you would like to replace the Intel® wireless card?

The Intel® 3165 wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Are you using this computer at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello fabrymagg, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
fabrymagg
Novice
Hi Roberto, my notebook is Notebook HP - 15-ba097nl
of 2017.
Operating system: Windows 10 PRO 64. Processor: AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU (2.2 GHz, up to 2.5 GHz, 2 MB cache) Processor family: AMD Quad Core A-series processor. Memory: 8GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM, 2 x 4GB.
CPU manufacturer: AMD

the wireless card is part of the computer.

I use it for work and at home and I would like to find (if possible) a slightly more performing card.

I thank you   
fabrymagg
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

fabrymagg, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, when you install the wireless card on a laptop that is what is called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: board, Wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters antennas / m.2 port, all those parts need to be compatible for the proper functionality of the Wireless connection. There is also regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration" that you can verify in the following links since there are restrictions depending on you are located to the upgrade that you are looking for:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

So, in this case, what we recommend will be to get in contact directly with HP support to check with them directly which are the wireless cards that are fully compatible with their system. Then after that, you can always visit the link below to verify the specifications of the wireless card, based on the models they recommended, to pick one or you can always provide the list here and we will be more than glad to review that list to pick one of them depending on the needs you may have in reference to the performance of the wireless connection. If it is possible for them to install it in the case there is a malfunction after installation:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
fabrymagg
Novice
Thank you very much, your answer was very comprehensive.
I will follow your directions.
Regards, Fabrymagg
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

fabrymagg, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

"I will follow your directions", perfect, that will be the best thing to do for this scenario.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos