Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7654 Discussions

wi-fi 6e ax211 160mhz slower speeds than usual

SomeGremlin
Beginner

I just purchased a prebuilt pc recently that has a intel(r) wi-fi 6e ax211 160mhz and it does not get the internet speeds that I typically get. On my laptop, within four feet of the tower of my new pc, it will get 250-300 mbps for upload and download. On my pc its max 60 for download and 100 for upload. I have updated my wireless driver, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I have messed around with the advanced tab under the properties for it. I feel like I have been in the device manager for nearly 3 hours and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I don't really want to resort to getting a wi-fi booster and hooking it up because my laptop gets the speeds that I should be getting and its right beside my pc but I don't know what else to do and honestly I feel like it probably wouldn't even help either.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @SomeGremlin

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      What is the make and model of your pre-built PC?

2.      Could you please specify the wireless frequency band your device is currently connected to: 2.4GHz, 5GHz, or 6GHz?

3.      What is the Wi-Fi adapter of the laptop?

4.      What is the symptom of the issue?

5.      Are you having issues with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?

6.      Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

7.      Is this a new computer? If so, check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced.

8.      What OS version are you using?

9.      Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

10.  Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

11.  Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?

12.  What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?

13.  Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

14.  Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

15.  You said you reinstalled your WI-FI software, which software?

16.  Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

In addition please provide us with the SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello SomeGremlin

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post? If yes, please answer our questions and provide us with the SSU report.

Let us know if you still need assistance, otherwise, we will close this thread.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear SomeGremlin,

We trust that you are doing well.

It appears that we haven't received a response from you, and as a result, we will be concluding this thread. Should you require any further assistance or have additional questions, please feel free to initiate a new inquiry, as this particular thread will no longer be actively monitored.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos