Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

wifi card up-gradation

vkuma30
Beginner

hi i want to upgrade my existing wifi card (intel centrino wireless n-2230) & my currend laptop processor is 3rd gen. core i5 3317u 1.7gz. ) with intel dual band wireless ac card. can you pls. suggest which intel ac dual band card is compatible - intel 7265ac dual band with bluetooth or intel 7260 ac with bluetooth.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello vineetjk76,

Before we go any further, it is important that you be aware of what an Integration is. An integration is when you replace the original wireless card for another one different from the one that came installed by default when you bought your computer. With that being said, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integrations and the replacement of a wireless card must be done by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). They are the only ones entitled to provide a list of certified and tested adapters that are compatible with your system. So, please contact them directly. Here is more information as to why Intel does not support this procedure: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

RA6
New Contributor I

vineetjk76,

Intel will never support or suggest that you change your configurations from what you computer manufacturer. Also your computer Manufacturer will never support or suggest that you change the configuration either. The way Laptop makers look at it they want you to use what they build because it is stable. Now none of this is to say that I can not be done but best if done outside of warranty.

Now that all the stuff is out of the way. lets get down to business. I have upgraded my Wireless card in my laptop and I have an Intel 3rd gen i7. If you are going to do this upgrade here is my suggestions. Go to the laptop Manufacturer's website and download and install the latest BIOS update for your laptop. I would also suggest downloading and installing the latest firmware for your router. when I upgraded my laptop I got Intel 7260ac dual band with Bluetooth and it works just fine. You will make sure that before you install the Wireless card that you download the drivers for both the card and for Bluetooth from off the Intel web page.

0 Kudos