Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

windows11+intel BT5.3 bluetooth SCO remote connect Failure

anone
Beginner

brb = (struct _BRB_SCO_OPEN_CHANNEL*) &(connection->ConnectDisconnectBrb);
devCtx->ProfileDrvInterface.BthReuseBrb((PBRB)brb, BRB_SCO_OPEN_CHANNEL_RESPONSE);

brb->Hdr.ClientContext[0] = connectionObject;
brb->BtAddress = ConnectParams->BtAddress;
brb->ChannelHandle = ConnectParams->ConnectionHandle;
brb->Response = SCO_CONNECT_RSP_RESPONSE_SUCCESS;

brb->TransmitBandwidth = 8000;
brb->ReceiveBandwidth = 8000; // 64Kb/s
brb->MaxLatency = 0xFFFF;// 50;

brb->PacketType = 0x3F;// SCO_EV3;///**/devCtx->ScoPacketTypes; SCO_HV1 | SCO_HV3
brb->ContentFormat = SCO_VS_IN_CODING_LINEAR | SCO_VS_IN_SAMPLE_SIZE_16BIT | SCO_VS_AIR_CODING_FORMAT_CVSD; // SCO_VS_SETTING_DEFAULT;//SCO_VS_IN_CODING_LINEAR | SCO_VS_IN_SAMPLE_SIZE_16BIT | SCO_VS_AIR_CODING_FORMAT_CVSD;
brb->RetransmissionEffort = SCO_RETRANSMISSION_MIN1_QUALITY;// SCO_RETRANSMISSION_MIN1_POWER;

brb->ChannelFlags = SCO_CF_LINK_SUPPRESS_PIN;
brb->CallbackFlags = CALLBACK_DISCONNECT;
brb->Callback = &HpSrvIndicationCallback;
brb->CallbackContext = connectionObject;
brb->ReferenceObject = (void*) WdfDeviceWdmGetDeviceObject(devCtx->Device);
status = SendBrbAsync(devCtx->IoTarget, connection->ConnectDisconnectRequest, (PBRB)brb, sizeof(*brb), RemoteConnectCompletion, brb);
if (!NT_SUCCESS(status))
TraceEvents(TRACE_LEVEL_ERROR, DBG_CONNECT, "SendBrbAsync failed, Status = %X", status);

The above code can be connected normally before win11 Bluetooth 5.3, but in win11 Bluetooth 5.3 version brb->PacketType and brb->ContentFormat, no matter how you set the return value of status, the return value is always 0xC00000BB(STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED)
Initialization uses BRB_SCO_GET_SYSTEM_INFO to obtain SCO information, and the result is:
BRB_SCO_GET_SYSTEM_INFO:
Features = 3
MaxChannels = 2
TransferUnit = 0
PacketTypes = 3F
DataFormats = F
From the results, SCO is supported???but why does the SCO connection above always return STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do my best to assist you here. 

Can you please provide more details about what you are trying to do so we can understand your issue here? 

Please run this utility and attach the report to have more information about your system: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner

hi,jocelyn_Intel

Thank you very much for your technical support, here are the results of my scan with Intel® System Support Utility, looking forward to your solution.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Please be aware that this forum is for Intel® NUCs, since you have an OEM system (Original Equipment Manufacturer), I will move this thread to the appropriate Wireless forum. 

Regarding your issue, please provide more details about what you are trying to do so we can understand your issue. 

Also, please provide us with the following information: 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your laptop or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. Was it working before? 
  3. Have you tried updating the driver to the latest Intel wireless driver

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner

Thank you very much.

1、Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your laptop or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)?
Laptop is thinkpad p16 gen1, wifi card I understand is an integrated card it
2、Was it working before?
SCO driver code was used normally before Windows 11 Bluetooth 5.3 version, and now this code will fail in the same system version Windows 11 Pro + Intel BT5.3 environment, and the error code is 0xc00000BB
3、Have you tried updating the driver to the latest Intel wireless driver?
Bluetooth module, need to update the wifi module? After updating the wifi driver, the fault code is still 0xc00000BB

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for the information provided, however, as previously requested, we need more details about what you are trying to do so we can understand your issue.  

What are you trying to do exactly? Where do those logs come from? Please explain. 

Also, is your Wi-Fi card an integration, or came pre-installed/original in the laptop? An integration is not the same as a pre-installed card, an integration it's when you take out the original card and install another card in its place, please clarify.

Have you tried updating the Bluetooth driver?

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner

hello,@Jocelyn_Intel

I am a programmer who has developed a program to answer and dial mobile phone through laptop Bluetooth, and this function point is mainly through RFCOPMM to transmit AT command, SCO Driver to transmit voice. It was normal before Bluetooth 5.3, and these logs were obtained through windbg debugg.
The previous reply I understood the integration of the wifi-fi card wrongly, all the hardware of the laptop is pre-installed, no modifications have been made to the hardware, and the Bluetooth driver is the latest driver on Intel's official website.
The reason for the problem with this function may be that the Intel BT 5.3 firmware is not supported, or it may be that Microsoft castrated this part of the function. Although I am using Microsoft's latest WDK, the implementation process is exactly following the https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bluetooth/accepting-sco-connections-in-a-bluetooth-profile-driver of Microsoft's development documentation
This bug code was also posted in Microsoft's development discussion board and development documentation, but no technical support staff responded to my question. With you guys, I got a response, thank you very much.

Best regards,  

anone

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for the details provided. 

Have you tried updating the Bluetooth driver

If you did, please provide us with a new/updated Intel® SSU report so we can investigate further. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner

hi,jocelyn_Intel
Attachments are updated with https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html (BT-22.230.0-64UWD-Win10-Win11) to rescan the log file, please refer to.
Thank you so much

Best regards,
anone

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner

hi,jocelyn_Intel
Attachments are updated with https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html (BT-22.230.0-64UWD-Win10-Win11) to rescan the log file, please refer to.
Thank you so much

Best regards,
anone

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for the report provided. 

I will do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for your time. 

I can see that your driver version is still 22.180.0 which is an old version, you can try a Clean Installation of Bluetooth drivers

If the issue continues, then is mostly an OS issue, we would suggest an OS rebuild or contacting your System Manufacturer for further assistance 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
anone
Beginner

hi,@jocelyn M.

Thanks for your help, I will continue to follow this issue.

Best regards,  

anone   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

Thank you for your reply and for letting us know, we hope your issue gets solved soon. 

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @anone  

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos