Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

wireless adapter connects only after one minute delay and errors

idata
Employee

I have a new laptop with centrino ultimate n 6300, intel i5 processer, windows 7 pro, linksys e2000 router. After shutdown or sleep, computer connects to the wireless network only after 1min 15 sec delay. Another windows 7 computer with a generic adapter has no problem connecting on the same network, same router, immediately on wake up from sleep. I get the same delay with the new comupter on other wireless networks with other routers.

Intel wireless event log reveals the following: on going into sleep,"deviceloCtrls24NDIS - dot11ExNicSpecificExtension failed"

Also," DeviceloCtrlS24NDIS : (2) Failed to send OID 0xff100009 to driver. Error"

Then deletes flows, removes adapters;

Then when it wakes up, same errors as quoted above, then adds adapters, then a one minute 4 second delay, then connects.

At the suggestion of the computer seller, I exchanged the adapter for a new one, but nothing changed. I am about ready to return the computer and give up. This must be some kind of a software problem, but I am already way over my head. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks.

D

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

i have same problem.

i get this errors : Failed to send OID 0xff100012 to driver. Error - 21, Failed to send OID 0xff100055 to driver. Error - 31

and i dont know what to do anymore

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi sanjuandav,

If reinstalling the drivers from scratch to version 15.1.0 did not fix this, taking the laptop for warranty seems to be the best option. The ramdom disconnecting within short periods of time and the failure to load the driver correctly can show a hardware failure, specially if it worked before.

Just in case, the latest drivers we offer can be found at the following link:

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7*, version 15.1.0

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21143&ProdId=3227&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType= http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21143&ProdId=3227&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=

We would also recommend escalating this inquiry with the computer manufacturer directly.

Cheers!

0 Kudos