oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1445 Discussions

Can't install intel distribution for python -- Error: Sequence execution failed

Ali_Reza
Employee

Ali_Reza_0-1657815244666.png

Hi, 

I am trying to install intel distribution of python and I received this error. I found a similar post  here: https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/Python-Installation-fails-2022-1/m-p/1356041#M2306 but didn't help me to resolve this issue. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Some info that might be relevant: I had older versions of python, but I got this error after I tried to install this for higher security. I tried to uninstall older versions of python. I uninstalled Anaconda. My thinking is those old versions somehow messed up a system variable or something like that. I might be totally wrong, just a guess.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Alireza, do you have any version of Visual Studio installed on your system? If so, could you share the exact version of the IDE with us.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

Hi, 

I originally had a visual studio on my computer, but it was uninstall before the attempt for installing the Intel distro for python. Then I installed the visual studio again and I still got the same error. The visual studio that I have on my laptop now is "Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.11.17". I don't know what was the exact version of the visual studio that I originally had and uninstalled. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alireza, during the installation of Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, did you select the Desktop Development with C++ tool?

It is mandatory process during the installation of Visual Studio prior to the installation of the toolkit. Please click here> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/guide/installing-microsoft-visual-studio-2019-for-use-with-intel-compilers.html, to know how to do it.

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

I checked. Desktop Development with C++ is already installed. 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alireza, we would need the log files in this issue. Please visit this path> C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs, to find the installation log files and share it with us.

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

Here it is. 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alireza, we have contacted you internally to share some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

Hey, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Could you please respond. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

Could you please respond to my email or PM that I sent.

I received and email with request for more information, the the email never specified where to send those info. I tried to ask by replying and I got to response. I also tried to PM you on this website, but I have not heard back. Could you please give me some guidance on how to go forward from here.

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

I'm still waiting for a response

0 Kudos
Roy_A_Intel
Employee

Can you rerun the installer with the parameters below and share the generated log?

7/19/2022 16:54:46:197 : 27308 : MESSAGE : C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\Installer\installer.exe is run with arguments: --log-dir C:/Users/akarbakh/AppData/Local/Temp/intel_oneapi_installer/2022.07.19.16.54.01.278 --admin --product-id intel.oneapi.win.python3.product --product-ver 2022.1.0-212 --package-path C:\Users\akarbakh\Downloads\w_pythoni39_oneapi_p_2022.1.0.212_offline\packages

Specifically, we need this: C:/Users/akarbakh/AppData/Local/Temp/intel_oneapi_installer/2022.07.19.16.54.01.278. Without the logs, the error is a black box and we have no way of proceeding with this ticket.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ali_Reza
Employee

Can you either confirm if I share the content of this folder here there is no security thread, or give me an email address to send you the the content in an email.

0 Kudos
hari_muc
New Contributor I

Hello @Roy_A_Intel : I too have the exact same problem, with exact same package version number of Intel Python, while installing oneAPI Base Toolkit. The installer rollsback the installation of all packages once this problem occurs.

I followed your instructions in the comment above & when I run the installer from powershell with Admin rights, it just starts the GUI with the message "No packages are installed" & let's me only click on "Exit".

As you requested for the folder  C:/Users/LocalUser/AppData/Local/Temp/intel_oneapi_installer/2022.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xxx, I have attached it below, with all the log files. Would you please mind taking a look? 

I tried this because I am using a non-configured laptop from work to try & see if a problem I reported in this ticket can be reproduced. And during this attempt at diagnostics, I found another this problem with IntelPython during installation. 

Any help from you is really appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Roy_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your patience here. We are still investigating this issue using the reproducer files and we will get back to you as soon as possible once we identify the issue.

0 Kudos
Roy_A_Intel
Employee

Hi @hari_muc

Could you also kindly provide us with the file below.

"C:/Users/<user_name>/AppData/Local/Temp/intelpython_setup_ipy.log".

Thanks

Roy

0 Kudos
hari_muc
New Contributor I

Hello @Roy_A_Intel 

Thanks for your reply!

I have attached the log file you requested. I saw there is a new version of the Basetoolkit 2022.3.1 but I haven't tried it yet to see if installs & still allows users outside of Admin Group to run python & use other compilers from commandline. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Roy_A_Intel
Employee

Please let me know if the specified log file does not exist. We are working to fix this in the next release of the Base Toolkit.

In the meantime, a workaround for this is to install the package via anaconda as described here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/using-intel-distribution-for-python-with-anaconda.html. Thanks.

0 Kudos
hari_muc
New Contributor I

Hello @Roy_A_Intel 

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am using intelpython installed with miniconda as a workaround. But would be great to have the whole swissknife of compilers & tools, well integrated in Visual Studio eventually. 
I really hope the next version of the Basetool kit allows users outside of admin group also to use the tool. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Roy_A_Intel
Employee

Hi @hari_muc , thanks for swift response. Yes, due to the issue with the logs, we were not able to ship the fix in time for the 2023.1 release so this is scheduled for 2023.2 release. Glad that you are able to use miniconda for now and as mentioned this will be fixed in 2023.2. Thank you for your patience, I will proceed to close the ticket now.

0 Kudos