oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1445 Discussions

Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 can't find Intel Parallel Studio 2020 update 4.

NoahB
Beginner

I am installing Intel Parallel Studio 2020 Update 4 on a Windows machine with Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2019 version 16.7.16. (Windows version 22H2, OS build 19045.2965). The Intel installer runs without error but when I load my project and try to build I get the following error. 

Error    MSB8020    The build tools for Intel C++ Compiler 19.1 (Platform Toolset = 'Intel C++ Compiler 19.1') cannot be found.

I've installed these same software versions on other Windows machines without issue. I have confirmed that these versions of MSVS and Intel Parallel Studio are compatible with each other. For some reason, on some systems, the Intel installation just doesn't work. I've tried a full uninstall and reinstall several times but no luck. On at least one system, MSVC and Intel were working together but stopped working after an automatic Windows update.

Grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Noah, please follow the below steps:

• Open Visual Studio
  • Click on the Help option in the menu bar to the top
  • Click on About Microsoft Visual Studio option in the dropdown menu
  • From the new dialog box that appears, click on the Copy Info button
  • Paste the information in the .txt file and share it with us

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Noah, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos