oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1295 Discussions

OneAPI environment initialization intelpython access denied

JonHomeAuto
Novice

When running setvars.bat to initialize a command window for oneAPI I get an Access is denied error when the script runs the intelpython bit, all the other sub-scripts e.g. advisor, compiler, dal etc etc. run without error. Any idea why this is happening, how to cure it and if it is going to be the cause of errors linking Fortran programmes?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Jon, could you confirm whether you encountered any errors or warnings during the installation?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
JonHomeAuto
Novice

I don't know, but I will ask.

Also, I ought to give you some more information. I am running on windows 10 (virtual machine).

oneAPI release: 2023.1.0

Intel compiler version: 2021.9.0

Visual Studio version: 17.6.5.

I note that the page titled:

"Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and Xcode*"

states that this combination of oneAPI and compiler is only compatible with VS 2022 up to version 17.5.1 and (maybe) with 
VS 2019 up to 16.11.24.

Could it be that I have a compatibility problem here?

Thanks.

Jon

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jon, the compiler & the IDE is not compatible. We would suggest you to use an Visual Studio IDE version that is compatible to our toolkit. However, the error that you encounter seems to be an access issue during the initialization of the environment.

We will await your findings.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jon, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos