oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Target Intel HD Graphics with OneAPI 2024

Sal1
Beginner

I see that OneAPI 2024 dropped support for 10th gen integrated HD Graphics and below. My dev machine has an HD 630 gpu. Now when I try to target it in a SYCL program, I get null pointer dereferencing exceptions at runtime when opencl builds the program. Is there a way to still use older integrated gpus? Or is there a way to not accidentally select a device that will make my program crash? I know I can manually select a device, but I'd rather not rely on comparing device names.

This is reproduceable with oneapi 2024.1 and the vector add sample here https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/DirectProgramming/C%2B%2BSYCL/DenseLinearAlgebra/vector-add

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mayurp

Hi,

sycl::platform::get_platforms() lists the supported platforms and you have to manually specify the device you want to ignore.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Salvatore,  we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
mayurp

Hi,

I am trying to get access to one of HD 630 GPUs to reproduce the issue you are facing. I will update you.

0 Kudos
mayurp

Hi,

Can you please share the screenshot of the error that you are facing?

0 Kudos
Sal1
Beginner

I have a screenshot in this thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-DPC-C-Compiler/Target-Intel-HD-Graphics-with-OneAPI-2024/m-p/1610465#M3924. Sorry for the duplicate post. I wasn't sure which area this fell under.

0 Kudos
mayurp

Hi,

As per the release notes - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-oneapi-toolkit-release-notes.html, oneAPI does support Intel® Processor Graphics Gen9, Gen11, Gen12, Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics, Intel® Data Center GPU Max Series. So are you sure this issue is because of unsupported graphics card?

The built-in selector provided by the SYCL implementation is implemented as a C++ callable that accepts a device and returns a score. The SYCL implementation calls the device selector to score every available device in the system, finally selecting the device with the highest score. So to avoid the device that makes your program crash you would have to do it manually using custom device selector.

0 Kudos
Sal1
Beginner

Thank you. I understand the supported hardware is listed in the documentation. Can you confirm that intended behavior is for sycl::platform::get_platforms() to list unsupported platforms, and it's my responsibility to avoid it?

0 Kudos
mayurp

Hi,

sycl::platform::get_platforms() lists the supported platforms and you have to manually specify the device you want to ignore.

0 Kudos