oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1292 Discussions

Ubuntu 22.04 after Intel OneAPI 2023 upgrade Oh no! Something has gone wrong. Log out

StephB
Novice

I use Ubuntu 22.04 and after Intel OneAPI 2023 upgrade I got the "Oh no! Something has gone wrong. Log out" screen. I can log in via remote terminal and I have tried the following without success, seems the Basekit, HPC, AI and IoT upgrade broke something, that is all I can think of. Anu advice?

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoremove && sudo reboot
sudo dpkg --configure -a

0 Kudos
1 Solution
StephB
Novice

Thanks for the reply, I have "fixed" the problem in the meantime doing the following:

cd /etc/profile.d/
sudo mv intel_api_vars.sh intel_api_vars.sh.bak

I will do the source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh manually from now on, that allows the profile to load without problems. I haven't had a problem with this before, it is only now after the 2023 upgrade.

On whose error this is I can't comment.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Steph, we can confirm that the latest oneAPI 2023 compiler is supported on Ubuntu* 20.04, 22.04. We believe the issue you are encountering is a generic issue related to the OS platform and not to the compiler itself.

However, you could visit here> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1239025/after-upgrade-to-ubuntu-20-04-oh-no-something-went-wrong, for guidance on resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
StephB
Novice

Thanks for the reply, I have "fixed" the problem in the meantime doing the following:

cd /etc/profile.d/
sudo mv intel_api_vars.sh intel_api_vars.sh.bak

I will do the source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh manually from now on, that allows the profile to load without problems. I haven't had a problem with this before, it is only now after the 2023 upgrade.

On whose error this is I can't comment.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Steph, thank you for sharing the solution with us,. We are glad that the issue was addressed from your end.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos