oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Unable to install oneAPI 2023 Toolkit

Vars
Beginner

Hi,

When I am trying to install Intel oneAPI Base toolkit 2023, I am getting the following error. Please find the below screenshot:

Vars_0-1672147350239.png

And also, please find the log that got generated. 

Could you please help me how to resolve and download the toolkit.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Varu, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Any other installation log files apart from the one you have shared

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

0 Kudos
Vars
Beginner
Hi Arpan,

Thanks for your reply!

Previously, I used to have 2022 version of base toolkit and HPC toolkit but at the time of update it is throwing errors so I have uninstalled the base toolkit present I have only HPC toolkit with version(2022). I am neither able to uninstall nor update the HPC toolkit.

I am using windows 10,offlin e package. I have VS 2019(16.10.3) and VS 2022(17.0.0)

No latest log other than the log I have uploaded.

Do let me know if you need additional info

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Vars
Beginner

Hi Arpan,

I have installed the latest Visual Studio 2019 and 2022. But still facing the error while installing HPC Toolkit. Please find the below screenshot:

Vars_0-1672902148948.png

Vars_1-1672915229182.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Varu, thank you for sharing the information with us.

Please note that Intel® oneAPI compiler 2023.0 were tested and found to be compatible with VS 2022 17.4.2 and VS 2019 16.11.21. We would suggest you to try installing Visual Studio builds that are supported by the installer.

For complete information regarding the compatibility, visit here> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

0 Kudos
Vars
Beginner

Hi Arpan,

I have installed the latest Visual Studio 2019 and 2022. But still facing the error while installing HPC Toolkit. Please find the below screenshot:

Vars_0-1672902148948.png

Vars_1-1672915229182.png

Please find the file and help me to resolve.

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Varu, we were able to figure out compatibility issues during integration of our compilers with the VS 2022 and it's builds. We tracked it down to a DLL file in the software which is pushed with the 2022 version of the Microsoft IDE. For users using legacy Intel® Parallel Studio XE software, we suggest to uninstall the VS 2022 entirely.

When using VS 2022, as a workaround, you can back up and substitute  Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll by the similar library from Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 for the time of installation, modification, or uninstallation of Intel® oneAPI or Intel® Parallel Studio XE products, and then move the original one back. Note that this library is being upgraded by Microsoft Visual Studio, so if Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 has ever been installed, the library will most likely be of the new (problematic) version. You need a clean machine to obtain the older version of the library by installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.

The DLL file path> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dl 

Note> We had tested the workaround and found it to be resolving the issues for Intel® oneAPI installers only.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Varu, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos