I'm trying to update oneapi to 2022.1.3.210, but during the update, it tries to uninstall old tools and fails.
(I get an uninstall failure on Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.vsmi.vs2022, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.5.0-115..
Are there any tricks to force-uninstalling this thing?
Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Yes, there is a workaround that may work. However, before we proceed with that, please let us know the below details.
- The version & build number of Visual Studio, if any installed.
- What is the version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit you are trying to update from?
- The version of the Windows operating system.
The above information would allow us to understand the issue better and confirm if the workaround is for the same issue. Looking forward to your update.
I have Visual Studio 2017, 2019 and 2022 installed
Visual Studio 2017 (professional) (15.9.45)
Visual Studio 2019 (prof.) 16.11.11
Visual Studio 2022 Prof 17.1.1
Windows 11 (21H2)
BaseKit i'm not sure of.. is there an easy way to tell?
Log above suggests 2022.1.2-154, and i'm trying to update to 2022.1.3.210.
Thanks for getting back to us with the information. As a workaround, we would recommend you go through the below steps (in the mentioned order) and proceed only when the previous step has been completed.
- Uninstall all the Visual Studio versions currently installed. Kindly visit the below link to find Microsoft's recommended ways to uninstall and remove Visual Studio completely.
- Download the installer for the currently installed Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 and try repairing it through the installer.
- Uninstall the repaired version through the same installer.
- Install Visual Studio 2022 - Version 17.1 with the Desktop development with C++ component selected.
- Try installing Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3.
However, do let us know if the issue persists. Have a nice day ahead.
Thanks for the update. The Visual Studio 17.1.1 would not be an issue to Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 as the integration issue with Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x has been fixed in the new toolkit release. The concern is the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit version 2022.1.2 which, in simple language - is getting its uninstallation blocked by Visual Studio 2022.
Please let us know the below details as they will allow us to understand the current situation better.
- Did you go through all the steps of the workaround without skipping any of them?
- Was the complete uninstallation of all Visual Studio instances and repaired Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 successful?
- The installation log from the below path.
- Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs
Looking forward to your response.
We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.