oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1424 Discussions

expired certificate for software installation

alexpmit
Novice

As of today, 4/23/23, when I try to install the oneAPI installation certificate on a machine running Fedora 38 via rpm I get this:

rpm --import https://yum.repos.intel.com/intel-gpg-keys/GPG-PUB-KEY-INTEL-SW-PRODUCTS.PUB
error: Certificate 1A8497B11911E097:
The certificate is expired: The primary key is not live

Alex

10 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Alex, could you confirm is you are still encountering this issue or not?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
alexpmit
Novice

The problem persists (5pm, 5/1/23).

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alex, thank you for the update.

We will work on your query and soon get back to you with our findings.

0 Kudos
fryklund
Beginner

I get the same error, that is

error: Certificate 1A8497B11911E097:
The certificate is expired: The primary key is not live

on Fedora 38 when running

sudo yum install intel-basekit

0 Kudos
arjenpdevries
Beginner

Same problem for me, May 21st, 2023.

I see that this has happened before a few times, e.g., 2019.

Not very helpful to encourage experiments with this product line...

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alex, we do not support usage of non-native package managers like yum on Ubuntu or apt on RHEL, only the native ones. We have checked native package managers on all the supported platforms and they are fine:

• ubuntu:22.04 - apt - OK
  • ubuntu:20.04 - apt - OK
  • debian:9 - apt - OK
  • debian:10 - apt - OK
  • debian:11 - apt - OK
  • redhat/ubi8 - dnf - OK
  • redhat/ubi9 - dnf - OK
  • rockylinux:8 - dnf - OK
  • rockylinux:9 - dnf - OK
  • fedora:36 - dnf - OK
  • fedora:37 - dnf - OK
  • amazonlinux:2 - yum - OK
  • amazonlinux:2022 - dnf - OK
  • registry.suse.com/suse/sle15:15.3 - zypper - OK
  • registry.suse.com/suse/sle15:15.4 - zypper - OK

The only known system where this issue appears is Fedora 38 which is not yet supported by oneAPI. It's tracked separately and will be resolved by the time a new Intel® oneAPI Toolkit version supporting it is released. Thus, this is not a defect for Intel® oneAPI Toolkit 2023.1.

0 Kudos
alexpmit
Novice

Well, this is disappointing. For the record, I am using the native package managers for Fedora- dnf and rpm. As it happens, all my machines are currently running Fedora 38. I suspect that the problem is connected to a known issue with authentication on Fedora 38, having to do with more rigorous checks of rpm signature validity, See:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/third-party-rpms-with-an-invalid-signing-key-might-cause-errors-during-package-operations/80077

It wouldn't seem that this should be very difficult or complicated to fix. As you say it won't be fixed until a newer release of the oneAPI Toolkit, can you give me some idea for the time frame for this?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alex, apologies for the inconvenience caused. We will share an update regarding your query soon.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alex, we have been intimated on your query by our internal team.

Unfortunately we will not be able to share the future roadmap of our next releases. We suggest you to keep an eye out on our website. We have been confirmed that the issue is being worked upon and should be addressed in future.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alex, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos