oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1314 Discussions

oneAPI base toolkit 2023.0 installation does not complete

F_Mielcarek
Novice

Dear Intel Team,

my oneAPI base toolkit 2023.0 installation does not complete.

I already posted the following issue in this forum, which I solved by myself:

https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/Re-oneAPI-base-toolkit-2023-0-installation-does-not-complete/m-p/1457846#M4590

The only other post I found on the same topic was the following one:

https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/oneAPI-base-toolkit-2023-0-installation-does-not-complete/m-p/1455594

But since I got some strange "rc.exe" errors out of the blue, while including different librarys or just a pulled git of the exact same project (reference https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75868345/rc-exe-not-found-with-vs-2022-over-and-over-again) I uninstalled my oneAPI sets and wanted to reinstall them, where upon I am stuck again at the following screen......

F_Mielcarek_0-1681297613180.png

This applies for the Base Toolkit 64x and the HPCKit....strangely the Base Toolkit 32x does complete.

While being stuck at 95% (Base Toolkit) and 97% (HPCKit) I cannot abord the installation. As mentioned in my first issue above (first link), upon restart of the PC the software seemes to be installed nontheless. Which was the case, but now this workaround does not work anymore for me.

As in the original post (second link) I am using VS 2022 version 17.4.5 and oneAPI packages 2023.1.0 (used 2023.0 prior with same results). It makes no difference between online and offline installer...I still get the same issue.

F_Mielcarek_1-1681297990141.png

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

I tried both with the same result

- Versions of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with their it's build version 

VS Professional 2019 16.11.24

VS Professional 2022 17.4.5

(in the installation of oneAPI I only selected to include VS 2022, but included VS 2019 and VS 2022 in previous attempts with unchanging result)

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

No

- Screenshots of the error screen

There are no error screens, the progress bar stalled at 95% and nothing happened. The label stated that the installation performs finalizing steps and that I should not interupt it

F_Mielcarek_0-1681297613180.png

- Installation Log files

So far there is no "logs" folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\ while the installation is running

0 Kudos
1 Solution
F_Mielcarek
Novice

#####

oneAPI installation issue

#####

I solved this behaviour with the following steps:

- uninstallation of Visual Studio 2019

- update from Visual Studio 2022 Version 17.4.5 -> 17.5.4

Afterwards the installation of oneAPI worked

#####

rc.exe not found issue

####

Tools -> Options -> Intel Compiler and Libraries -> IFX Intel Fortran -> Compilers

AND

Tools -> Options -> Intel Compiler and Libraries -> IFORT Intel Fortran Classic -> Compilers

click on "reset" and add the following path to "executables"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x64 or in your case C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin<>\x64

this solved my rc.exe not found issue

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
F_Mielcarek
Novice

#####

oneAPI installation issue

#####

I solved this behaviour with the following steps:

- uninstallation of Visual Studio 2019

- update from Visual Studio 2022 Version 17.4.5 -> 17.5.4

Afterwards the installation of oneAPI worked

#####

rc.exe not found issue

####

Tools -> Options -> Intel Compiler and Libraries -> IFX Intel Fortran -> Compilers

AND

Tools -> Options -> Intel Compiler and Libraries -> IFORT Intel Fortran Classic -> Compilers

click on "reset" and add the following path to "executables"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x64 or in your case C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin<>\x64

this solved my rc.exe not found issue

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Frederic, thank you for sharing the solution with us. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos