Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Call Graph interpretation of different threads

linadaud
Beginner

Hi,

I have difficulties of interpreting information from the Call Graph that I would be glad if someone could clarify it.

I ran an application constituted of two threads (thread_0-Main thread and thread_1-DirectX video) for data analyze and I'm interested the most in the Total Time executed by my threads. I observed that the total time for the main thread is 1s, whereas the child thread's total time is 10s. How can this be possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
It's the amount of work done. Did the main thread sit around waiting for the DirectX thread to complete?
0 Kudos
linadaud
Beginner

MrAnderson,

Do correct me if I'm wrong. As you mentioned, the total time is the amount of work done. Based on the table above, the total time for thread_0 is 16 060 865 s, whereas the total time for thread_1 is 48 939 076 s. Futhrermore, the main thread did not sit around waiting for the DirectX to complete. What I don't understand is that, how come thread_1 can still be executed upon termination of thread_0?

Thanks,

Lina

0 Kudos
linadaud
Beginner

Anybody has any idea?

Thanks in advance :-)

0 Kudos