Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Feature Request: Fortran Parser

guillermo_marcus
Beginner
Hi,

A feature request for the View Source Code of VTL3.0: a Fortran language color parser.

Cheers,
GM.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeffrey-gallagher
Hey GM,
Are you thinking of an existing, particular application that has the look and feel you prefer here? If so, post it here so we can have a look.
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Visual Studio, at least the way it came with CVF, and many editors, e.g vim and emacs, do colored syntax display.
0 Kudos
guillermo_marcus
Beginner
Hi,

I don't have a particular tool as an example, but gedit for Linux with the optional fortran.lang file, may be a starting point.

For me, it is just a little annoying going to a source code view of a function on VTL3, and find it colored in C/C++ keywords when it is a Fortran file. (Is there a way to turn it off?). It is just a visual aid, but a nice one.

Of course, to implement a Fortran Parser for the Eclipse environment would be the best, as the one that exists for C/C++ development (I think the same one can be easily extended for it). Then, everything from coding to profiling can be done on the same environment.

Cheers,
GM.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi Guillermo:
What extension do your Fortran source files use? If you open the VTune analyzer Options dialog and select Syntax Highlight under Source View, you will see that the analyzer is configured to use a Fortran color scheme for files with the following extensions: *.f;*.fpp;*.for;*.f90;*.f95. If this is not working, we should report it. Can you submit an issue at Intel Premier Support and attach a sample module and source file?
Thanks,
0 Kudos
guillermo_marcus
Beginner
Hi,

First of all, sorry for the delay. I am using *.F extension (capital F), so that may be the reason. Currently the beta has expired, so I have to wait until the official release.

Cheers,
GM.
0 Kudos
guillermo_marcus
Beginner
Hi,

I was not able to locate the option you mention. The closest is at:

Window -> Preferences -> VTtune -> Source View, but there is no option there to select syntax highlight mode or association.

Cheers,
GM
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Sorry. I was confused and referring to the Windows*-based VTune analyzer. I expect as the Linux*-based product matures, you will see this support.
0 Kudos