Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

GUI to view callgraph for vtune 2.0

Anonymous85
Beginner
Dear all,
I have seen mentioned in old threads some sort of a GUI to view vtune output, especially call graph data. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in it's direction. (As an aside, vtune providesplenty ofgood information but I findit's output formatnearly unusable).
Any help with GUI or advice on re-formatting callgraph output would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrey-gallagher
Hey mrxonix,
Great question, glad you spoke up!
1) the callgraph plug in viewer comes with the vtl 2.0 software (CD or download), but it has a separate install program, if memory serves, called "install.sh"
2) It takes about 2 minutes to install, but vtl 2.0 has to be installed first
3) after you install, you just add a -gui to the view command for callgraph results:
old way: $ vtl view
for GUI: $ vtl view -gui
Report back here if you can't find that tar ball and install.sh file you need.
ONE MORE THING:
the beta software for vtl 3.0 has a full-featured GUI with wizards, in addition to the above callgraph viewer (and a sampling viewer). If you like GUIs, you should kick the tires on this beta software asap. Register to download it (it's fast and free) at:

cheers

shm

0 Kudos
Anonymous85
Beginner
Thanks for the link. At this time I don't have "admin rights" to try it out on a given server but I will try to see if there is another location where I could do it.
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
Thanks for the update, be sure to report back either way.
jdg
0 Kudos