Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

How come I cannot see audioDG in the Vtune process

saraphines
Beginner

Login as Administrator andexecuteVtune by "runas administrator" under Vista, start recording and both EBS and TBS
cannot see the "audioDG" in the process view. Butthe task manager can shows audioDG.
I don't know why and I try to uninstall and install by Administrator account several times but still not work.
Could you please tell me why and how to make Vtune to show whole thread like task manager in process view ?
Is there any option I missed or something I didn't do ?
Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - saraphines

Login as Administrator andexecuteVtune by "runas administrator" under Vista, start recording and both EBS and TBS
cannot see the "audioDG" in the process view. Butthe task manager can shows audioDG.
I don't know why and I try to uninstall and install by Administrator account several times but still not work.
Could you please tell me why and how to make Vtune to show whole thread like task manager in process view ?
Is there any option I missed or something I didn't do ?
Thanks,

Hi,

Unlike Windows Task Manager VTune provides the sampling profile of the applicationswhich take statistically considerable CPU time while running VTune activity. It means that an application can be loaded into memory and present in the list of process of Task Manager, bot does not consume CPU resources (like MS Word - opened and waiting for user actions) - in this case VTune samples will not hit the process of the application. Try to make the application doing something useful or just CPU consuming and you will see it in the VTune results.

0 Kudos
saraphines
Beginner

Hi,

Unlike Windows Task Manager VTune provides the sampling profile of the applicationswhich take statistically considerable CPU time while running VTune activity. It means that an application can be loaded into memory and present in the list of process of Task Manager, bot does not consume CPU resources (like MS Word - opened and waiting for user actions) - in this case VTune samples will not hit the process of the application. Try to make the application doing something useful or just CPU consuming and you will see it in the VTune results.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I know it's possibile a application not apearin Vtune when it not consume CPU power.
But in my case, first the "AudioDG" process is relative to any recording process, that means, it should consume CPU power as long as any recording start andcontinue;second, I press "OK" button in Vtune to start collecting data after
I started a recording and I saw the "AudioDG" in task manager from "0" to "50" which means "AudioDG" really work and consume CPU resource.
More, in Vtune EBS & TBS, I also tried to increase the time to collect data, but it still not see the audiodg in
process view after data collecting and analysis. That's why I wonder if there's any option or anything I missed to let the Vtune see the AudioDG.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - saraphines

Hi, thanks for your reply. I know it's possibile a application not apearin Vtune when it not consume CPU power.
But in my case, first the "AudioDG" process is relative to any recording process, that means, it should consume CPU power as long as any recording start andcontinue;second, I press "OK" button in Vtune to start collecting data after
I started a recording and I saw the "AudioDG" in task manager from "0" to "50" which means "AudioDG" really work and consume CPU resource.
More, in Vtune EBS & TBS, I also tried to increase the time to collect data, but it still not see the audiodg in
process view after data collecting and analysis. That's why I wonder if there's any option or anything I missed to let the Vtune see the AudioDG.

Ok, I see now. You didn't mention that the application consumes CPU that indicated in the Task Manager.
So, another reason for not appearing in the VTune results might be that the application is "stripped out" during linking. In this case application is put under Unknown category.
If you are the developer of the application, try to disable stripping symbols and run activity again.
Would you please also share the screen shot of the Hotspot process view?
0 Kudos