Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Using VTune Profiler with Visual Studio 2019

shekhar__gaurav
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed VTune Profiler recently to profile an OpenCL project on VS2019. I need some help with how can I profile my code with VTune. 

I could not find anything helpful yet. If I can get some document that discusses the step-by-step procedure starting from the welcome page, it would be very helpful for a newbie like me.

Thanks,

Gaurav.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Does profiling of matrix application works when it is run as admin?

0 Kudos
shekhar__gaurav
Beginner

Hi,

No, that gives the same error even when running as admin. Please help.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We could understand your concern.We are forwarding this case to SME.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
shekhar__gaurav
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

I apologize for the delay in response on this. If you are able to try the latest beta version, there may be a fix.

I am a little unclear as to how you are running VTune. Are you running from within Visual Studio? The screenshots appear to be from the standalone version. You also mention adding the application name and parameters. If you run from the Visual Studio toolbar (select "Configure Analysis..." from the side-ways triangle option), you can automatically import the VS project settings. I realize the documentation doesn't mention this step.

The sep driver appears to be installed just fine. But it seems that it's having trouble with the instrumentation (PIN), usually due to trying to instrument a privileged binary. It is odd that you get the error with the matrix sample.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Are you seeing this issue in the latest oneAPI version of VTune? It's still difficult to say what the problem might be. It could be an antivirus interfering with collection, or a permission issue within Visual Studio.

0 Kudos