Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

VTune 9.1 Update2-226 Installation/Correctness Help

srimks
New Contributor II
Hello,

I did install VTune -9.1 Update2-226 on Linux x86_64 machine for Nehalem.

When I perform below command -

-----(a)-----
$ bin/vtl -help
VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 for Linux* build 152
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
--

I get message as "VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 for Linux* build 152", please check the message above.

But, when I perform "lynx /opt/intel/vtune/Release_Notes.htm", I see -

----(b)----
Intel VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 Update 2 for Linux* Release Notes (p1 of 23)

Intel VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 Update 2 for Linux*
Release Notes
---

Query - Not able to conclude the correctness of "VTune 9.1 Update2-226" with both above messages (a) & (b) either using command line or
through available "Release Notes".

Please clarify?

~BR
0 Kudos
2 Replies
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - srimks
Hello,

I did install VTune -9.1 Update2-226 on Linux x86_64 machine for Nehalem.

When I perform below command -

-----(a)-----
$ bin/vtl -help
VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 for Linux* build 152
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
--

I get message as "VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 for Linux* build 152", please check the message above.

But, when I perform "lynx /opt/intel/vtune/Release_Notes.htm", I see -

----(b)----
Intel VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 Update 2 for Linux* Release Notes (p1 of 23)

Intel VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 Update 2 for Linux*
Release Notes
---

Query - Not able to conclude the correctness of "VTune 9.1 Update2-226" with both above messages (a) & (b) either using command line or
through available "Release Notes".

Please clarify?

~BR
Sorry for this thread, I tried to delete or removing the contents but was not allowed.

Actually, VTune 9.1 Update2-226 is installed in remote m/c. and I forgot to use "-XC" command. But with "-Y" command I got above information, I am not sure why?

So, when I login as "ssh -XC" things are fine rather as "ssh -Y", not aware why?

I am happy with contents of sampling events provided by VTune 9.1 Update2-226 for Nehalem better than earlier Intel Quad Core 5335 processor.

~BR
0 Kudos
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - srimks
Sorry for this thread, I tried to delete or removing the contents but was not allowed.

Actually, VTune 9.1 Update2-226 is installed in remote m/c. and I forgot to use "-XC" command. But with "-Y" command I got above information, I am not sure why?

So, when I login as "ssh -XC" things are fine rather as "ssh -Y", not aware why?

I am happy with contents of sampling events provided by VTune 9.1 Update2-226 for Nehalem better than earlier Intel Quad Core 5335 processor.

~BR

BR,

Might it be that this behaviour is not an effect of the ssh option, but rather that you had a shell open in the directory with the old installation of VTune? (Thissometimes surprisingeffect on Unix that files deletions are delayed whena programis still accessing it.) I guess that when you login now with "ssh -Y", you will see the new version. Is my assumption correct?

Kind regards
Thomas
0 Kudos