Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

VTune and Boost/uBLAS library

heshamebrahimi
Beginner
I've been using VTune for a while, and it works very well (on SuSE10.3). For the first time I wanted to use it for a simple program that uses Boost::uBLAS library, but have a problem. It's a simple program that defines just a small matrix. Vtune runs the programs (and terminates-at the end of main() the program prints something) and then after "Collecting data...", VTune hangs. I'd appreciate it, if you could let me know what can be the problem.

Hesham
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

Hesham,

Are you sure that Vtune is actually hanging and not just deadly slow? In some rare cases, I have experienced such behavior, especially for very complicated code like huge (automatically generated) functions.

What are you trying to do: sampling or call-graph?

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
heshamebrahimi
Beginner

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think that's the case, I'm working on complicated code but to test I wrote a very simple program, just defining a matrix in main():
ublas::matrix fMat;
When I add this line, VTune cant profile the program. I've tried both sampling and call-graph. SuSE 10.3 and its default boost library are used, with gcc 4.2. Because of this problem I'm using google profiler for it and it just works fine. It wouold be nice if I could find out the problem.

Many thanks,
Hesham
0 Kudos