Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Vtune call graph problem

sandeep_prasad
Beginner

Hi,

I am not able to create call graph profile for my application as a function in one of theinstrumented libraries is dumping core but the uninstrumented lib works fine. I was wondering if I can configure vtune to not instrument aparticular library ?

Thanks,

SP

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee
Sandeep,
Yes, you can tell VTune to instrument only a subset. Run your call-graph. It should instrument all modules according to the default settings. Afterwards, right-click on the activity and select "modify collectors". After you have selected if you want to modify a copy or the original activity, you will get a list of the modules and the instrumentation level. You can either select "minimal", if you do not want any instrumentation at all, or you can select "custom" and even choose the individual functions that should be instrumented.
Kind regards
Thomas
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Disabling instrumentation on problematical libraries is OKto continually work on the problem. Visit http://premier.intel,com to submit an issue with problematical libraries to get bug fix in future release.

BTW, ensure that you are using latest product v9.1 now before submit the issue(s).

0 Kudos