Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

how to Run ASP.net project

eretailtech
Beginner

Hi

i want to run ASP.net project but when i am selecting project i am able to find only EXE but i have solution file in ASP.net 2005 so please any one help me in this regarding or any tipe for .net let me know

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Corey_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - eretailtech

Hi

i want to run ASP.net project but when i am selecting project i am able to find only EXE but i have solution file in ASP.net 2005 so please any one help me in this regarding or any tipe for .net let me know

Hello,

To configure an Activity using the sampling wizard:

Click the Create New Project button to open the New Project dialog box.

In the integrated Microsoft* Visual Studio* .NET* environment:

a) Select the Visual Studio .NET project in Solution Explorer.
b) Click the Create Activity button to open the New Activity dialog box.

Select the Sampling Wizard icon and click the OK button.

Select the .NET* Profiling option in the sampling wizard.

If you do not have IIS and .NET Framework installed on your system, relevant options are grayed out.

Click Next to select a .NET profiling option.

Select one of the following .NET profiling options and click the Next button.

- Executable. The VTune Performance Analyzer will launch a specified .NET* application.

- Script. A launching script willinvoke a .NET* executable.

- ASP.NET The VTune Performance Analyzer does not launch the ASP.NET application itself. The specified ASP.NET application is executed under a system launched process.

- COM+ Enterprise Services You can specify an application that interacts with the COM+ services that you want to profile.

Based on your selection, complete entering the required information for that specific type of profiling and click the Finish button.

Please refer to the VTune analyzer online help for more info.

Regards,

Corey

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

You might also be interested in this article.

Regards,

Mr.Anderson

0 Kudos
p_harinath
Beginner

Hello,

To configure an Activity using the sampling wizard:

Click the Create New Project button to open the New Project dialog box.

In the integrated Microsoft* Visual Studio* .NET* environment:

a) Select the Visual Studio .NET project in Solution Explorer.
b) Click the Create Activity button to open the New Activity dialog box.

Select the Sampling Wizard icon and click the OK button.

Select the .NET* Profiling option in the sampling wizard.

If you do not have IIS and .NET Framework installed on your system, relevant options are grayed out.

Click Next to select a .NET profiling option.

Select one of the following .NET profiling options and click the Next button.

- Executable. The VTune Performance Analyzer will launch a specified .NET* application.

- Script. A launching script willinvoke a .NET* executable.

- ASP.NET The VTune Performance Analyzer does not launch the ASP.NET application itself. The specified ASP.NET application is executed under a system launched process.

- COM+ Enterprise Services You can specify an application that interacts with the COM+ services that you want to profile.

Based on your selection, complete entering the required information for that specific type of profiling and click the Finish button.

Please refer to the VTune analyzer online help for more info.

Regards,

Corey

Hello,

Thanks for responce, i have tried like aboveprocess, after all steps i started the activity and i stayed upto 30 minutes, but it is not giving any results, it is just going on(running the activity). please let me know after how much time it will display the result after starting the activity.

i attachedword document, please go through that once,i documented the process what i followed in that attachement.

Regards

Hari

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

You need to press the "Stop" button in the VTune analyzer graphical interface after your code has finished executing. This will, again, cause IIS to be stopped and restarted. Then your results will be displayed.

BTW, I don't see any Word* document?

0 Kudos
p_harinath
Beginner

You need to press the "Stop" button in the VTune analyzer graphical interface after your code has finished executing. This will, again, cause IIS to be stopped and restarted. Then your results will be displayed.

Hello,

As I gone through the all the ways my ASP.Net application, but I didnt find proper result to analyze my application, so I have a confusion weather this vtune can get me proper results or expecting results for asp.net application.

My object is to check performance of my application and am trying to boost up the speed. so in this record if you suggest me some other tools am ok with that or in Vtune itself have a solution then am very happy with this.

Seeking positive inputs

Awaiting for your reply

0 Kudos
myozaw
Beginner

I got some problem.

After I create the sampling activity, it is saying that it can not save the activity. But, it run successfully. I can not run my web application on debug mode. It is saying unable to start debugging on server. (But I can debug the application without running sampling activity.) So I run it without debugging.

And, it showed no errors while I am running my ASP.Net applciation. And, when I try to stop the activities to see the result log, it showed 'Error occured during drill-down. Cause of error cannot be determined.'

Could someone help me out with this problem?

Many Thanks,
Myo Zaw.
0 Kudos
myozaw
Beginner

I finally could manage to run it successfully. I had to reinstall my OS last week. And, after that, I tried to test VTune analyzer again. This time, the analyzer is showing the result.

The only different with the previous OS and this new OS is with/without connecting with a domain. I am not sure if this is the root cause of failure to test with previous OS.

Thanks.

Quoting - myozaw

I got some problem.

After I create the sampling activity, it is saying that it can not save the activity. But, it run successfully. I can not run my web application on debug mode. It is saying unable to start debugging on server. (But I can debug the application without running sampling activity.) So I run it without debugging.

And, it showed no errors while I am running my ASP.Net applciation. And, when I try to stop the activities to see the result log, it showed 'Error occured during drill-down. Cause of error cannot be determined.'

Could someone help me out with this problem?

Many Thanks,
Myo Zaw.

0 Kudos