Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

vtlec freezes at First Use

cisternino
Beginner
Hi, my problem is quite simple: I followed the Getting Started Guide instructions to collect data of a example code (gsexample2a) using the wizard of vtlec, but when I click finish everything freezes with java running continuosly, doing apparently nothing. This is what I get in console:
java: config_n_control.cpp:582: signed int TBSInitDriver(): Asserzione `dwConfigID == 0' fallita.
Moreover, if I move the vtlec window or I stretch it to icon I lost the graphics of the vtlec. I hope is a matter of java, but I need help. Anyone can help me? Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Hi,

It seems that vtune driver failed in initialization. Please refer to product's System Requirements - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-products-system-requirements/#vtune, check if your processor is supported, check if your Operation System is supported.

Additionally the user can try sampling on command line first - "vtl activity -c sampling -app "./gsexample2a, ./datafile.txt" run ". If itfailed, the problem is not due to java.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos