Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valipp
Beginner

vtune abort my application

I am trying to use vtune on an application compile with mwing.

when run in cmd.exe it's OK, when running in vtune, vtune abort the application with no error messages !

what can I do ?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Black Belt

Do you mean mingw32? VTune isn't designed to work with Windows gcc/g++. I did once try running it against a cygwin built application; it was able to view asm for some distance from the start of several functions. You must build everything with -g, and preferably static link against Microsoft debug libraries.
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Actually, there is a topic in the online help titled "GNU* C/C++ Compiler for the Microsoft* Windows* Operating System." The analyzer will support binaries built with that compiler.
You probably have some other issue causing the problem. Are you trying to us sampling or call graph?
valipp
Beginner

well, I successfully use vtune in a sample app compile with mwing32 (msys), but my real app seems to broke vtune !

I have compile my app with -g, I did'nt use callgraph.

thanks
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Ah... The default configuration for sampling sets a "duration" of 20 seconds. When the activity reaches this duration, the activity is stopped and any application that the VTune analyzer launched is terminated. You can change the analyzer's behavior in two ways:
  1. set the duration to zero (0 = forever) or to a sufficiently long value.
  2. after creating the activity, modify it (right-click in Tuning Browser and select Modify Activity...) and Configure the sampling collector and uncheck the Terminate application when Activity ends check box on the General tab.