Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs

Intel opencl report

ADua0
Beginner

In the report generated of my opencl kernel, in the area analysis tab of the report I see one line which gives resource utilization for " No source Line", like the one I have added below. I cannot understand where is this hardware utilized, can anyone provide more information about this line ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Was your compilation run successfully? Was there any error or warning messages?

0 Kudos
ADua0
Beginner

Hi , yeah I was able to compile and deploy successfully but I do not understand about this resource utilization

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

"No source line" refers to cases where some resource is being used for operations that do not necessarily map to any line in your code; e.g. registers and FIFOs used to balance the latency of pipeline stages. However, such large area usage in "No source line" is likely the result of a bug. Try to generate the report using a newer version of the compiler and you might get the correct location where those resources are being used. Older versions of the compiler (before 18.0) have a lot of such bugs in the report.