Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

23.5 ANS (Teaming) - Powershell CMDLet Hanging

RoyceDaniel
Novice

Running all necessary commands to build a new team via Powershell just hangs after entering TeamName. I've also tried pipping 'Get-IntelNetAdapter | New-IntelNetTeam' which doesn't seem to do anything except ask for the first TeamMemberName on down to TeamName. It's acting like it's not accepting the pipped info. And yes, I'm running Powershell as the Administrator... any attempt to do so otherwise notifies you to run in Admin mode. All four adapters are active and have valid settings. All hardware/connection tests etc pass. This same hardware setup was working fine in the previous Windows/Intel Network software releases.

109 Replies
NOklo
New Contributor I

Execution of command above just drop timeout for 1-5 minutes and turning off interface without creating any virtual interface for VLAN

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello NOklo, Thank you for the response. Please try the following in order: 1. Remove all drivers and PROSet Software 2. Disable Device. 3. Cold boot the system (power off and then back on completely) 4. If device is still disabled, enable it. 5. Install 23.5.2 SW And then please try to create a VLAN again using the instructions that we provided. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NOklo
New Contributor I

I did follow you instructions. EXACT SAME result.

While PS stuck on command execution there Virtual Adapter appears for a moment, but not in Network Connections.

Capture.PNG

I can manage to give you remote access to this PC just help me already!

0 Kudos
ZKłos
New Contributor I

That's the same effect I had with 23.5/23.5.1 drivers during team creation via PS commands.

In Device Manager, Intel Virtual Adapter appears and dissapears after some time, and Team connection never appears in Network Connections, while it takes forever to execute PS command (or it ends after long time with an error).

It seems like 23.5.2 drivers still haven't fixed it... :-(

ARosb
Beginner

Still hangs with 23.5.2. Once I press "Enter" after setting the Team Name it just sits there.

This isn't a clean install of Windows. IMHO a clean Windows install should not be required since it would mean that every major Windows release would mean having to reinstall everything.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-IntelNetAdapter   Location Name ConnectionName LinkStatus -------- ---- -------------- ---------- 0:25:0:0 Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V Ethernet 3 Not Available 3:0:0:0 Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 Ethernet 1.00 Gbps ... 3:0:1:0 Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 #2 Ethernet 2 1.00 Gbps ...     PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-IntelNetTeam   cmdlet New-IntelNetTeam at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: TeamMemberNames[0]: Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 TeamMemberNames[1]: Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 #2 TeamMemberNames[2]: TeamMode: IEEE802_3adDynamicLinkAggregation TeamName: TeamTitanGo

0 Kudos
RoyceDaniel
Novice

Confirmed and agree with ARosb!

I haven't done a clean install in quite sometime and this is the first time I've updated where the Intel driver didn't work for teaming once it was officially supported.

0 Kudos
RKurt3
Beginner

Yup I have the exact same problem. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.316). Teaming hasn't worked every since I updated to 1809. I've tried the Windows 10 64bit version of 23.5, 23.5.1 & 23.5.2. I've even tried Installing 22.4 then installing 23.5 over top of it like it was suggested by intel support. Everything I've tried doesn't work, except a clean install of Windows 10 1809. I don't really want to reinstall Windows. Every time I try the PowerShell Command "New-IntelTeam" it hangs indefinitely after the part where you give the team a name. I'm Using the following Adapters: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V & Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection. I really hope this problem gets fixed pretty soon. It's not good to have 2 servers running at half their network capacity. That was the whole reason I bought this hardware, so I could set them up with Dynamic Link Aggregation and it hasn't worked since I updated windows maybe 4+ months ago.

0 Kudos
MinionBR
Novice

I have a motherboard "Asrock Z370 Professional Gaming i7" with this ethernet connections "Intel® I211 Gigabit Network Connection","Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V" and "Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter". Windows 10 Pro 64bits 1809 Version 17763.316. Is a clean Windows installation from December 2018. I using agreggation link. This is the command i using.

Open Powershell as administrator.

Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"

New-IntelNetTeam

Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter

StaticLinkAggregation

TurboBoy

After hang for 5 minutes, is worked, on version 23.5.1 this hang dont happen to me. Using version 23.5.2 now. Remember uninstall 23.5 or 23.5.1 before updating to 23.5.2. Reboot system after uninstall, install new version 23.5.2, reboot system and try the configuration.

0 Kudos
Thorgs
Beginner

For me it still does not work. After over 10min waiting in PowerShell with the latest drivers ...nothing.

X99, 5930k

Intel 1218-V

Intel 1211

Windows 1809 Build 17763.316

I have cleaned the older Driver before installing the new one.

I did uninstall all remaining parts off the Driver like it is shown in this Post.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005781/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

@MinionBR​ 

Are you saying that in your installation when you run "Get-IntelNetAdapter" that your NIC's are actually called,

"Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter"

as mine just called "Ethernet, and Ethernet 2"?

I too have done a clean install of Windows 1809 build 17763.316 and my MSI MEG creation X399 AMD motherboard but unlike you and getting no joy on a clean install with no previous "Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack" installed orders windows itself install those previous packs like 23.5 or 23.5.1?

I've included an image below of my power shell failed installation and as you can see the "New-IntelNetTeam" get a "potential parameter cannot be found that accepts argument" error so I'm not sure what caused that issue.PowerShell 1809 Error.jpg I've gone back to 1803 thinking that 23.5.2 driver still haven't been fully investigated by Intel and pastors okay but now reading your comment I'm wondering if windows 1809 itself installs 23.5 or 23.5.1 which I hadn't previously thought was installed and needs to be

#1 uninstalled,

#2 the network cards

#3 then need to be disabled,

#4 a cold restart needs to be done,

#5 then reboot in device manager the NICs need to be re-enabled and then

#6 23.5.2 needs to be installed according to the comments from the Intel support team on this thread?

I use acronis true image so it's not really more than 15 minutes to reapply a different build of Windows but I'll wait until you comment as to whether 23.5 or 23.5.1 is installed by default in Windows 1809 that I didn't realise needed uninstalling, so any comments to confirm would be much appreciated please.

0 Kudos
MinionBR
Novice

In the picture my first configuration and the commands. Missing the command in the fist line "Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"".

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

@MinionBR​ 

Thanks, looks like my team member names​ where wrong, lol, powershell needs more explaining as youtube videos show "connection name" : ethernet, ethernet 2" can be used but your use of "name" : Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection, Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection #2 shows it should be used instead.

I'll try again before the next 23.5.3 gets​ released to see if clean 1809 works.

0 Kudos
ALest2
Beginner

ETett did you get it to work after using the correct naming conventions??? im sitting at 10min still hung after uninstall/disable/cold boot/enable/install 23.5.2/ New-IntelNetTeam static etc...

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

@ALest2

Didn't try, may try today. Did you get it to​ work?

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

@ALest2​ 

OK tried it with success. For me it was the correct naming convention issue. Also my Netgear Switch LAG needed to be setup first which meant that my NIC's connections were funky/broken so I went with "WIRELESS" connection to set up Powershell.Success Teaming 23.5.2.jpg

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello, The issue will be fixed in a future release of PROSet software. Unfortunately we do not have details of when the next version will be released. Please monitor the thread for any updates. @NOklo Please try remove SW/Drivers again and install 23.4 SW/Drivers. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NOklo
New Contributor I

I tried so many versions(from 22 to last) to install/uninstall/delete. You solution doesn't work for me.

I want you to fix it already.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Thorgs, Please confirm if you tried the following steps in order: 1. Remove all drivers and PROSet Software 2. Disable Device 3. Cold boot the system (power off and then back on completely) 4. If device is still disabled, enable it. 5. Install 23.5.2 SW Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NOklo
New Contributor I

I did that. It didn't worked out for me.

ZKłos
New Contributor I

I think Intel should make clear statement on whether 23.5.2 drivers have this issue fixed or not. So far for everyone who's impacted it looks like 23.5.2 drivers behave same bad way as 23.5/23.5.1 so issue doesn't seem to be fixed.

Such statement (i.e. not fixed yet) would save people's time trying to test if problem goes away after installing 23.5.2.

Caguicla_Intel
Hello, Unfortunately we do not have details of when the next version will be released. Please monitor the thread for any updates. @NOklo While waiting for the new SW release, you can consider rolling back to 1803 or doing a fresh install of 1809. A fresh installation of Windows 10 1809 does not seem to encounter the same issue after running the CMDLet. If you were able to try this out, this may resolve the issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos