Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Device manager can see I350 AM4, but PROSet can't.

Chris935
Beginner

Hello, I have an I350 AM4 card installed in an H170 motherboard. The OS is Win10 Home. The device appears in Device Manager as 4 separate NICs, and these work as expected as individual NICs.

My issue is that I would like to use PROSet to configure NIC Teaming for these, and PROSet is saying "no supported adapters found", not even the Intel NIC on the motherboard.

On running the driver installer the NICs are correctly identified and their drivers are installed, it's just PROSet that seems unable to see them.

I've attached screenshots of this.

I've tried some previous versions of the drivers and of PROSet, but the behaviour has been the same.

What should I look for next, or is there another way I can configure NIC Teaming?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Chris935,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe I350 card or is it onboard?
  2. What is the brand and model of your motherboard/system?
  3. Kindly provide the link of the driver that you used.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Chris935
Beginner

Hello Michael,

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP with an i5 6500 CPU. The I350 is a PCIe card installed in the PCIe x4 slot.

I installed the drivers and PROSet software from here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

I do have another system using the same type of I350 PCIe card without any issue. I swapped the I350 cards between systems and there was no change in behaviour, the other system continued to work and the H170 continued not to.

Chris 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Chris935,

Thank you for the quick reply. Kindly send photos of your I350 card on both sides for us to check if the card is an OEM unit or a retail unit.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Chris935,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Chris935,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos