Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

How to set up an ssh connection at boot time in Galileo Gen2

SKuma75
New Contributor I

Hi guys, I need to set up ssh connection in Galileo Gen2 during boot time, while I dont have any access to any terminal such as Putty or Minicom. The reason why I want to do this lies in the following thread which is still un-answered , and I dont see any way to overcome the issue:--

/message/325562# 325562 Problem:configuration of 8250/16550 uart driver and its effect on ethernet

Waiting for your responses on the same. Thanks

4 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello shubham_k,

What do you mean by: "...I need to set up ssh connection in Galileo Gen2 during boot time…"? I mean, if you set up the wireless settings, the Galileo should auto enable them every time it boots, therefore enabling the SSH connectivity. Have you set up the Wi-Fi configuration yet? Or are you having issues connecting through SSH despite having enabled Wi-Fi?

Peter.

SKuma75
New Contributor I

Sorry ,my question confused you. I'm not talking about configuration of ssh through wifi. The issue I'm facing is related to the thread that I mentioned in the comment . The issue is that on disabling 8250/16550 serial driver, Galileo Gen2 doesn't show up as one of the nodes in the network even though the ethernet cable is plugged into the port. So, I was thinking if I could configure wired ethernet ssh after the Bootloader stage, and when the initrd gets mounted. Because I think either the init process doesn't get executed at all or it gets executed but doesn't show up on the console due to disabling of 8250/16550 driver. If the latter happens then all the boot time configurations should occur including auto-enabling of ssh at boot time as you clearly mentioned in your comment.But ,unfortunately this is not happening. The boot process hangs at this point and it never shows to be going beyond that which is shown in the image attached. Plz note that I have also tried by removing all the serial console entries relating to /dev/ttyS1 in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file. Even that didn't help. So, there must be some way that I could configure wired ethernet ssh at boot time before this boot process hangs.

0 Kudos
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

As you mentioned, this might be related to the changes you made. I replied to you in that thread, let me see what I can find out about this and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter.

0 Kudos
SKuma75
New Contributor I

Ok Peter, I'll wait for your reply. Thanks.

0 Kudos