Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
Announcements
All support for Intel NUC 7 - 13 systems has transitioned to ASUS. Read latest update.
4757 Discussions

Intel Communication: Intel® Ethernet Controller I226 Series-Random connection drops at random times

Cam__Intel
Employee

Some customers have recently reported connection drops at random times, specifically on the newly launched 700 series motherboards with Intel® Ethernet Controller I226-V.

Intel has reproduced the issue and is diligently working on a root cause and fix. For any of our customers experiencing this problem, a mitigation option to explore is to disable the “Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)” mode in the Advanced Windows/ Linux driver setting.  We believe this should help. We are continuing to assess the situation and will follow-up accordingly.

We appreciate those who have shared information about their experience with this issue, and we welcome your input.  Intel will continue to review the comments and information you share to help us work towards a solution.

Best Regards,

Intel

0 Kudos
64 Replies
warham
Beginner

mega.nz/file/pc91lSrD#YG83fKF78opshdBvkzr-KVOKNHtFEvROpkOOwtCVIBs

Polezzz
Beginner

Greetings,

This is my experience.

I have been there for less than a month this config:

ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PRO WIFI (BIOS V.1424) + Intel i5@13600k + 32GB RAM DDR5 XMP3.0 6400mt/s cl32 Fury Renegade + SSD M2 990 Pro 1 TB + SSD M2 980 Pro 500GB + N ° 2 SSD 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue 2 TB + MSI VENTUS 2X White RTX 4060 8GB GDDDR6 PCI-EX4.0 + ASUS XONAR Phoebus Audio Card Solo 7.1

The problem presented myself by updating from Win11pro 22h2 to 23h2, but also by installing 23h2 from scratch, practically the operating system did not see and did not install the drivers of the I226-V because it was not even detected ;( , I had to reinstall the 22h2 from scratch everything works apparently well for now. Tuf Gaming is a new Asus motherboard, a refresh to better support the new i5/i7/i9-14xxx, maybe my problem is due to a youth of the motherboard and the related drivers. (We hope)

bye

0 Kudos