Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Network interfaces crash for 2-6 second, when CPU utilization is 100%

Lokin
Beginner

Goof afternoon.

I have 4 computers, each with 4 INTEL 82574l network cards, and when the processor load is 100%, the network traffic on all network cards disappears. Please tell me why this is happening and what may be the reason. Network only LAN(IP+mask, no gateway). Capture wireshark shows how the TCP flow interrupts.

CPU.jpeg

troughput.png

sequence.png

driver.png

flow.png

Configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16,0ГБ
MB: ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS (LGA1151)
HDD: Fake INTEL RAID-1 - WDC HDD 1TB
NIC: 4 x Intel 82574L

What have you tried:
Updated windows 1909 -> 21H1
bios updated 1205 ver (last stable)
Tried changing different settings on the network card

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Lokin,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using onboard/embedded 82574L?
  2. Can you share the link of your latest driver?
  3. Can you also tell us what is the application running that makes your CPU utilization run at 100%?
  4. When did you start encountering this issue?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Lokin
Beginner

Hello, Michael.

1. Each computer has 4 x 82574l. Discrete network cards

2. This is the standard Windows 10 driver. e1i65x64.zip

3. This is a monitoring system, it processes signals from many devices. Or I can run the archiver (7zip/Winrar), it will load the processor up to 95-100% and the network may also disappear several times.

4. The problem has always been. 2 months

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lokin,

Thank you for providing the details that we requesting. Upon checking the details that you provided, let me check. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the board since the network card is onboard. The problem with onboard components is they sharing resources with the rest of components. They may have some recommendations on this issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Lokin
Beginner

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the translation of the word onboard. I have discrete network cards in the PCI express port.

Lokin_0-1632965170146.png

Lokin_1-1632966392378.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lokin,

Thank you so much for the clarification. So all of the 4 cards are giving the same problem on different system? Can you take a photo on both sides of the cards focusing on the markings and also if you still have the box for me to validate the card.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Lokin
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Yes, all 4 computers have the same components and have the same problems. I can’t take a picture. The servers are located remotely and the shutdown is not planned in the near future. Can I get information programmatically? There are no such network cards for you.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lokin,

Thank you for letting us know and we understand. Kindly help generated the SSU logs instead. We will try to check if the cards will be detected as PCIe cards. Please download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?wapkw=ssu

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lokin,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just making a follow up on the SSU logs that we requested for us to further check your inquiry.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lokin,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos