Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

i225 with empty flash

lemco
Beginner

Hello,

We are trying to program an i225 with shared flash.

In lanconf it is recognized as "Client Foxville with Empty Flash" Device id : 8086-15FD

We go to menu EEPROM/FLASH -> NVM Image -> Update image and select the bin file

and we get Error : Cannot find the device ID in the file

What are the steps, so we can program the flash correctly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lemco
Beginner

Dear Zigfreid,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I didn't mention that we are designing our own embedded motherboard.

We found a solution to our problem:

First we updated the flash form the menu EEPROM/FLASH -> Flash -> write flash

And most critical step is to do a full power OFF cycle, even remove power supply

Best regards,

lemco

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello lemco,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to ask as to why are you trying to program your network adapter so we can also provide you our recommendations. 

Also can you advise if you are using a discreet Network adapter? If you are please provide us a photo of the markings both front and back. Please refer to the link below as reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

However, if you are using an embedded network controller instead please provide us the exact model of your motherboard.  

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
lemco
Beginner

Dear Zigfreid,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I didn't mention that we are designing our own embedded motherboard.

We found a solution to our problem:

First we updated the flash form the menu EEPROM/FLASH -> Flash -> write flash

And most critical step is to do a full power OFF cycle, even remove power supply

Best regards,

lemco

0 Kudos
Micky7
Beginner

Hi,

i have designed my own motherboard with two I225-LM on where can i find Image File for the Flash or how is the process to create the Image File by myself?

Thanks Michael

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello lemco,

Thank you for advising us, we are glad to hear that you were able to find a solution for your concern. We will now close the the case, for future concerns just feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello lemco,

We would also like to apologize for the miscommunication as you thought we were asking you if you were designing your own server board. We were just checking what was the board manufacturer which the embedded LAN i225 is installed. With this, we would know where to refer you in case you will be needing further assistance because mother board manufacturers have customized their drivers and software to enable or alter features on their system and they are still the best position where you can seek assistance so you wouldn't lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
cae0n
Beginner

I'm using the i225-IT and i226-IT network adapters. Where can I find the flash images for these network adapters??? They are unusable without a flash image and I can't find any sort of programming files anywhere. Can you please point me to the image files for the i226-IT and i225-IT??????

Thank you

0 Kudos