FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

AFD Extractor and AFD Clipper IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Greetings, 

I have seen multiple mentions of the Active Format Description (AFD) extractor and AFD clipper IP functions in such docs as AN604 UDX3 Video Reference but have been unable to find these IP's? Where are they available? Unfortunately multiple requests to download some of the reference designs that may include these IP's through the website have gone unanswered. 

Thanks and kind regards, 

Bil Herd - MCG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

The AFD extractor is shipped with the development suite, check the following directory: 

<QUARTUS_INSTALL_DIR>\ip\altera\clocked_video_input\afd_example 

You need to add this directory to the qsys search path. Alternatively, you may copy the afd_example directory into a "ip" directory in your project directory to get the AFD extractor to appear under Qsys. 

The AFD clipper is exactly the same as the standard Video IP clipper. It is called like that to differentiate it from other clippers in the UDX3 design.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good answers thanks, I would not have looked the below the CI directory. (Going to go look in some other directories now) 

Also I had assumed that there were different/more codes for the UDX3ish branch over the regular clippers, thanks again. 

Bil 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

The AFD extractor is shipped with the development suite, check the following directory: 

<QUARTUS_INSTALL_DIR>\ip\altera\clocked_video_input\afd_example 

You need to add this directory to the qsys search path. Alternatively, you may copy the afd_example directory into a "ip" directory in your project directory to get the AFD extractor to appear under Qsys. 

The AFD clipper is exactly the same as the standard Video IP clipper. It is called like that to differentiate it from other clippers in the UDX3 design. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos