FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Add Block-CRC verification acceleration support ????

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo 

In the PFL IP core settings there is this option to to turn or Add Block-CRC verification acceleration support. The description says ''adds a block to accelerate verification (only available if you choose CFI parallel Flash) "".  

What is the advantage of having this block turned on or off? If i turn it off, does it affect the performance in a way?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

By default, CRC option is enabled. 

Which protect against common types of errors on communication channels. 

If CRC option is disabled, we can still program flash but we may face data corruption which can be detected during operation. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo 

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was just concerned because turning on/off the block makes a change in the number of L,E used. And when i turn off this option i just found out that i could use a smaller MAX device with lower L.E count just to reduce the cost, but after your reply it looks like, to keep the block turned on and use a bigger MAX device is a better idea.  

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason, i didn't get a e-mail notification of your answer.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How much were you able to reduce the cost for btw, Shauk? That's very interesting.

0 Kudos