FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

Cyclone V PCIe Hard IP is not initialising/resetting

SSmit7
Novice

Hello.

I am using a Cyclone V PCIe Hard IP on a 5CGXFC3B6U19I7. I have been struggling to get the PCIe to reliably come out of reset. The design passes timing and I believe that it is setup correctly. This issue appears to occur most often when it is cold (approx. 10°C).

I can see that the IP core is simply not resetting properly as with a SignalTap analysis, it is clear that the pld_clk_inuse signal is not asserted, despite the fact that the PERST signal has deasserted. Strangely, however, the nreset_status signal appears that it is deasserted. This seems to indicate that the reset is not happening or the IP core is not initialising.

I have attached a snapshot of the HIP_status_ext signals from signaltap.

Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Is it possible to send the same project just want to check the reset is connected properly .

And also want to know , the design is working as expected in other temperature setting

SSmit7
Novice
Hello Rahul I tried to send you a private message, but it failed owing to the large file size. How can I send you a message with the necessary information? Regards Stuart
SSmit7
Novice

Hi Rahul

I managed to send you a private message. Please check that for the information that you requested.

Regards,

Stuart

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I will get back to you

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Communication is taken in to private message