FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

DSP Builder Advances blockset sqrt block problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! I'm using DSP builder blockset and I have problem with SQRT prim block. I just cannot use two of this block! If I use more than one sqrt block in any subsystem (i tried to use it in one subsystem with, of course, different names) I will get that error: 

Error reported by S-function 'mip_control' in 'mixer/Control': 

Altera DSP Builder Advanced Internal Restriction: 'blockMap.find(fu->GetName()) == blockMap.end()' in d:/SJ/nightly/12.0/178/w64/p4/ip/aion/src/mip_common/hw_model_dup_remover.cpp:191.  

I google it and it said that this because illegal chars in the names, but I have double cheched this! I don't know what to do, help needed.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can reproduce the problem. I don't think there's a work around unfortunately short of avoiding putting two sqrt blocks inside the same primitive subsystem hierarchy.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I can reproduce the problem. I don't think there's a work around unfortunately short of avoiding putting two sqrt blocks inside the same primitive subsystem hierarchy. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you for the reply! 

But they are in the different subsystems! 

Here is the example.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I didn't say they can't be in the same subsystem. I said they can't be in the "same primitive subsystem hierarchy". Essentially this is everything below the SynthesisInfo block. 

The reason for this is that DSP Builder Advanced flattens all of the subsystems in this hierarchy before generating the HDL.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I didn't say they can't be in the same subsystem. I said they can't be in the "same primitive subsystem hierarchy". Essentially this is everything below the SynthesisInfo block. 

The reason for this is that DSP Builder Advanced flattens all of the subsystems in this hierarchy before generating the HDL. 

--- Quote End ---  

Ok. Do you have any suggestion? Maybe a bugreport, I don't know...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've reported the issue but unfortunately it's still present in 12.1. Hopefully it will be fixed in 12.1sp1.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I've reported the issue but unfortunately it's still present in 12.1. Hopefully it will be fixed in 12.1sp1. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you! 

Could you post a link to submitted bug report?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are there some news about the issue?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe the issue will be fixed in 12.1sp1.

0 Kudos