FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Design using TSE ethernet mac megafunction : Modelsim simulation issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I am using the Triple-Speed Ethernet MegaCore Function on my design. I've used the .cmp file generated to instanciate the core. When i want to simulate the design with modelsim (using my own testbench, NativeLink and modelsim-altera 10.1e starter edition) i get the following error :  

# ** Fatal: Error occurred in protected context.# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Protected: /top_tx_tb/dut_top_wrapper/u_bloc_mac/i_tse_fifoless_mac_0/U_TOP_XFIFO/genblk2/U_RGMII/the_rgmii_out1 File: nofile# FATAL ERROR while loading design 

does anyone knows how to fix it or where it comes from ?  

Thanks a lot in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

[EDIT] 

Acutally my modelsim-altera version is a starter version and (if I understand) can't simulate mix HDL language. And i am wrinting in vhdl and the TSE IP is writing in verilog.  

So i've added all altera libraries to my full modelsim version and when i want to simulate the IP i have the folloing errors :# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_egress_timestamp_request_valid" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

#  

# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_egress_timestamp_request_fingerprint" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

#  

# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_etstamp_ins_ctrl_ingress_timestamp_96b" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

#  

# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_etstamp_ins_ctrl_ingress_timestamp_64b" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

[...] and more  

To simulate i am using Quartus with NativeLink which create me a file.do that i'm using with modelsim. 

Do you have any ideas ?
0 Kudos