FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5745 Discussions

Ethernet IP and SFP+

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I use Altera Stratix IV GX dev board (hitechglobal.com/Boards/Stratix4GX.htm) with 2 SFP+. 

I try to use SFP+ with Ethernet's IP but I don't understand how to connect the 4 bits (tx or rx, XAUI mode) of the Ehternet with the only 1 bit (tx or rx) of the SFP+ in the pin planner. 

Do I forget some Ethernet IP settings ? 

Do I have to use data serializer ? How serialize 10 Gbps data with 200 MHz clock ? (and with PLL, I can generate 1.6 GHz clock) 

What is the XAUI PCS & 10 Gb phy chip on this schema ? (altera.com/technology/high_speed/images/10g-ethernet.gif

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello, 

I am exactly in the same case of you! Did you found any answer for your reponse please ? 

Thanks in advance.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

hi all! 

I have been doing Thesis on Cyclone III. It's "Interface all peripheral on this board". I'm making Etherface gate. I must how to interface it with PC or Labtop. It means that when i ping PC's ping IP, signal answer from Cyclone III's Ethernet "Relay...." its ok??? 

I don't know where i start??? 

help me !!!!!!!!