FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

[HDMI IP] AVI InfoFrame

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

The question is related to the Intel HDMI IP.

According to the Table 23 in the UG-HDMI 2021.06.25, the AVI InfoFrame port has 113 bits width (bit 112 is a control bit).

But, in the generated HDMI IP, the port has only 112 bits width. Why? What's missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for you patience.

>But, in the generated HDMI IP, the port has only 112 bits width. Why?

Yes, you are correct, HDMI only have 112 bits width and bit 112 is a control bit.

Sometime it could be a documentation typo/update delay and it will require some time to be revised as it require approvals from the internal team before it can be released to the public. For this case, it is caused by documentation update delay.

Based on the latest HDMI User Guide, I believe you are talking is table 24, the AVI InfoFrame for Support FRL = 0,

The correct bit width is as you mention which is 112 bits.

You may refer to below link for the latest HDMI IP User Guide:

HDMI Intel® FPGA IP User Guide 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitry,

Currently we are confirming the details with our internal team.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for you patience.

>But, in the generated HDMI IP, the port has only 112 bits width. Why?

Yes, you are correct, HDMI only have 112 bits width and bit 112 is a control bit.

Sometime it could be a documentation typo/update delay and it will require some time to be revised as it require approvals from the internal team before it can be released to the public. For this case, it is caused by documentation update delay.

Based on the latest HDMI User Guide, I believe you are talking is table 24, the AVI InfoFrame for Support FRL = 0,

The correct bit width is as you mention which is 112 bits.

You may refer to below link for the latest HDMI IP User Guide:

HDMI Intel® FPGA IP User Guide 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitry,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos