FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

High-Speed Reed-Solomon IP Core polynomial

HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi

I am planning to use Intel's High-Speed Reed-Solomon IP Core for my requirement with RS-FEC (198,194) with below polynomials.

"

An RS(198,194) code over GF(28) is used:

The primitive polynomial over GF(28) is p(x) = X^8 + X^4 + X^3 + X^2 + 1

The generating polynomial is g(x) = X^4 + 15X^3 + 54X^2 + 120X + 64

"

Can anyone let me know how the "Field polynomial" field be mapped to to the required polynomial?

With regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi HPB, As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to configuring the high speed reed solomon IP to have GF(2^8) with primitive polynomial of p(x) = X^8 + X^4 + X^3 + X^2 + 1. For your information, this p(x) would be corresponding to decimal number of 285. In other words, at the Field polynomial drop down in the IP, you may select "285". Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi HPB, As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to configuring the high speed reed solomon IP to have GF(2^8) with primitive polynomial of p(x) = X^8 + X^4 + X^3 + X^2 + 1. For your information, this p(x) would be corresponding to decimal number of 285. In other words, at the Field polynomial drop down in the IP, you may select "285". Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi Chee Pin,

Thank you for the reply. I was unaware of the representation of polynomials in decimal or hexadecimal number. I gone through the corresponding material and now understood.

With Regards,

HPB

0 Kudos