FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

How can I find the latest "altfp_matrix_mult_DesignExample.zip"?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the latest document floating-point megafunctions user guide(© July 2010 UG-01063-3.0), there are some words about ALTFP_MATRIX_MULT megafunction as blow. But how can I find the two .zip files? 

This design example uses the ALTFP_MATRIX_MULT megafunction to show the operation of a matrix multiplication. Matrix AA is a 10 × 8 matrix and matrix BB is an 8 × 12 matrix, with a vector size of 8 and a block size of 2. This example uses the MegaWizard Plug-In Manager in the Quartus II software. 

Design Files 

The following files are related to the ALTFP_MATRIX_MULT megafunction: 

■ altfp_matrix_mult_designexample.zip (Quartus II design files) 

■ altfp_matrix_mult_ex_msim.zip (ModelSim-Altera files) 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the zip files mentioned in documents don't usually come up in search. you can usually find what you're looking for by locating the document in the Literature section of the website: 

http://www.altera.com/literature/lit-ip.jsp 

Floating-Point Megafunctions User Guide Design Examples and ModelSim Files (36 MB) 

http://www.altera.com/literature/ug/designexamples_and_modelsimfiles.zip
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello there, 

I've been checking in the forums about this megafunction and in some places they got results and they could make some comparissons in Performance, but i've tried this megafunction without success i always get this error trying to compile a single matrix_multiplier: 

library "work" does not contain primary unit "hcc_package" 

Do i have to import this package? I've been looking for it but i cant find it, where is it? 

Regards, 

Juan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

are you using one of the above examples? 

what version, core, and HDL?
0 Kudos