FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

How can I use clock signal

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am implementing Physical layer of a base band transmitter in simulink using DSP builder blocks. How can I use the clock signal in my design?  

I need it for implementing manchester encoder. 

Regards 

G Shah
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you need to connect a clock to all of the clock inputs.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply but the problem remains; 

All the registered DSP builder blocks uses an internal clock. I can just instantialte the clock block, I cannot connect it to any other blcok.  

On the basis of the registered dsp blocks (which uses the internal clock) I have developed my logic. Now I want to connect the same clock to a non registered blcok. 

Kindly let me know if any body know it. 

regards 

shah
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I also had a problem with the usage of the clock signal in DSP Builder.  

I tried to implement a clock recovery for a transceiver and I finally gave it up.  

I know how to set a clock, how to derive it or how to use a pll, but I think it is not possible with the DSP Builder to have the clock as "signal line" 

So if you have any clues I would be glad to hear them. 

I now implement basic logic in quartus II and import more complex funktions then from generated vhd files from DSP Builder.