FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

How to generate .sof file for IP evaluation in tethered mode

HTork
Beginner

I'm using Intel Quartus Prime Lite 18.0.0 with the

"Intel Cyclone 10 LP FPGA Triple-Speed Ethernet and Intel On-Board PHY Chip Reference Design"

When compiling the design I get the following error:

"Warning (115003): Can't generate programming files for your current project because you do not have a valid license for the following IP core or cores.

Warning (115005): Unlicensed IP: "Triple-Speed Ethernet(6AF7 00BD)"..."

How can I generate a .sof file to test the design in tethered mode using

Quartus Prime Lite 18.0.0?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi @HTork​ ,

To enable Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode.

During Intel® FPGA IP Evaluation Mode, the Compiler only generates a time-limited device programming file (<project name> _time_limited.sof) that expires at the time limit.

1. In the Intel Quartus Prime software, click Assignments > Settings > Compilation Process Settings.
  2. Click the More Settings button.
  3. For Intel® FPGA IP Evaluation Mode , select enable.

Refer

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/akc1496248329442.html#wwy1496248963591

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
HTork
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, the Intel FPGA IP Evluation Mode is allready Enabled.

I tried to disable it an then enable it again pefore compiling, but I still get the same warning about the programming file.

Regards,

Hans

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The problem is "Triple-Speed Ethernet" does not support the Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature.

We Can't generate programming files because we do not have a valid license for the following IP core or cores.

I have used example from below link & Quartus 18.0. which does not generates programming file with below warnings

Warning (12189): Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode (Simulation-Only) feature is turned on for all cores in the design

Warning (12191): Some cores in this design do not support the Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature

Warning (12192): "Triple-Speed Ethernet" does not support the Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature

Warning (115003): Can't generate programming files for your current project because you do not have a valid license for the following IP core or cores.

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/18.0.0/Standard/intel-cyclone-10-lp-fpga-triple-speed-ethernet-and-intel-on-board-phy-chip-reference-design/

Kindly check the warning from Quartus message log.

Refer

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/megacore-ip.html

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
HTork
Beginner

Triple speed ethernet is opencore IP.

Note that I'm using Intel Quartus Prime Lite 18.0.0.

Some help would be greatly appreciated:-)

0 Kudos
HTork
Beginner

Thanks,

I now see that I get all the warnings that you list:

Warning (12189): Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode (Simulation-Only) feature is turned on for all cores in the design

Warning (12191): Some cores in this design do not support the Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature

Warning (12192): "Triple-Speed Ethernet" does not support the Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature

Warning (115003): Can't generate programming files for your current project because you do not have a valid license for the following IP core or cores.

I's nor clear to me how I can obtain a license for this IP so I can compile the design and make changes to it.

Could you please explain in some detail how you do that.

Kind regards,

Hans

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

You must obtain a license for the Intel FPGA IP to generate programming files that you may use for an unlimited time. To obtain a license file, visit the Self-Service Licensing Center or contact your local Intel FPGA representative.

Contact your local sales or distributor for more details.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos