FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

How to simulate MAX10 UFM with Modelsim Altera-Starter Edition? (Quartus Lite 18.0)

LLe5
Beginner

I have a testbench running with a UFM instance generated from Platform designer. I have managed to link the fiftyfivenm_unvm to the altera_onchip_flash module, but it is still not working (it is not giving out any signals). I have checked the altera_onchip_flash_avmm_data_controller instance inside the altera_onchip_flash module and it seems to be working correctly, but it keeps failing on write because the fiftyfivenm_unvm instance is not asserting any busy signal.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Currently I am reviewing the forum for any open questions and found this thread. I apologize that no one seems to answer this question that you posted. Since it has been a while you posted this question, I'm wondering if you have found the answer? If not, please let me know, I will try to assign/find someone to assist you. Please do expect some delay in response as most of our agents are out of office due to the year-end holidays. Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

May I know the error is the below

Error: (vsim-3033)  .

if the above error is occurring kindly follow the below

1) Open modelsim, change directory to \test_design\UFM_sys\simulation\mentor

2) Execute => do msim_setup.tcl

3) Run command => ld

4) If using testbench, pls execute example testbench script in the working directory.

do ./../../../ sim.tcl

Regards,

Rs

Stephanie
Novice

I am having a similar issue with the Max10 UFM. I am able to get it to simulate but now the amm_data_readdata is 'XXXXXXXX' when datavalid asserts...