FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

How to use the Cyclone V PCIE hard IP in IP Catalog but not in Qsys?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How to use the Cyclone V PCIE hard IP in IP Catalog but not in Qsys? 

Does it need other IP cores when using Cyclone V PCIE hard IP in IP Catalog? 

I mean if I want to use the PCIE function in the Cyclone V device, just generate the Cyclone V PCIE hard IP only? 

Or I need to generate others IP cores to match the Cyclone V PCIE hard IP? 

Thanks very much!!!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you mean the "Cyclone V Hard IP for PCI Express" I do see this in the Qsys (I am using Quartus Prime 17.0 in Windows)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you mean the "Cyclone V Hard IP for PCI Express" I do see this in the Qsys (I am using Quartus Prime 17.0 in Windows) 

--- Quote End ---  

There are many others module in the Altera PCIE Qsys example, but not the Cyclone V Hard IP only, including reconfig module, reconfig driver module, reset module, and example app module. 

So, I want to know in the IP Catalog, do I need to generate other IP? Which one? 

Thank you very much!!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Oh sorry I misunderstood your questions earlier. I've only used PCIe in Qsys (because I refer to their existing reference design) - as such, I've not use them from IP catalog. Sorry I can't be much of an assistance here.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If instantiate the PCIe IP in IP Catalog instead of Qsys, you need to instantiate other components such as transceiver reconfiguration controller, reconfig driver, reset module, then connect them together at top level file.  

As such, using Qsys is better as it would make the connection easier.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

For your reference you can download our example design PCIe Cyclone V with Qsys design. 

https://cloud.altera.com/devstore/platform/13.0/standard/pci-express-in-qsys-example-designs-cyclone-v-gt/
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

For your reference you can download our example design PCIe Cyclone V with Qsys design. 

https://cloud.altera.com/devstore/pl...-cyclone-v-gt/  

Regards, 

WaiMun 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos