FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

I'm using two intel's IPs ( SDI_II and sdi_v17) in different boards. I want to instantiate an HD-SDI communication. Is it possibile between two boards with different ips? Thank you for support.

BIdro
New Contributor I

I'm using a CYCLONE V with the IP SDI_II as receiver and a CYCLONE IV GX with the IP sdi_v17 as transmitter. The interface hardware is the same for every board  (component LMH0387).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it,you have some inquiries related to interfacing SDI II and SDI v17 with HD-SDI. For your information, as I refer to the user guides for both IPs, they supports HD-SDI standard. Therefore, there should be no issue to interface between the two IPs between different boards as long as the IPs are configured to HD-SDI and the electrical specs are met between the two boards interfaces.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.