FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

I3C IP

meitalr
Employee

Hi,

1. Does INTEL has an IP for I3C protocol?

2. Can i use Cyclone iV or V for implementing I3C interface?

Thanks,

Meital

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

As of today, we have no I3C designs or documentation available, unfortunately the answer to your questions would be no.

I have found a 3rd party that have an IP design using I3C by CAST, you may shift your contact to them:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/offering/a5b3b0000000zgNAAQ/i3cs-mipi-i3c-basic-slave-controller

Also, I can check again with our internal team, please allow me around 2-3 days and get back to you.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
meitalr
Employee

Thanks a lot!

Please check again with your internal team. I will wait.

Please reply to my second question. Does Cyclone iV is good enough to use for I3C implementation. Since it support 1.8V and my I3C interface is 1.8V i assume it is possible.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Meital

0 Kudos
meitalr
Employee

Thanks for the third party, but i need master slave controller.

Do you have any IP of master slave one?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

As mentioned, we do not have the IP or documentation, thus you may need to rely on 3rd party IPs. For e.g I3C from MIPI:

https://www.synopsys.com/dw/ipdir.php?ds=mipi_i3c

They have replaced the name usage for master to controller and slave to target respectively.

As for your 2nd questions, I don't think the voltage is an issue, but they are others I3C specifications that need to be checked, for example dynamic switching which is a requirement for I3C, which unfortunately for Cyclone IV/V is not supported. I am not familiar with these terms nor the full I3C specification requirements.

But if you may, you may still try contact the available 3rd party IPs devs to discuss how it can work on our devices, apart from that we are unable to provide further supports.

I hope my suffice support have help you with your issue.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Would you have any other questions from your side?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I hope your questions has been addressed and your are satisfied with my support regarding your issue, please check my previous respond on the I3C details. Also, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos